• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anybody know if Oakley changed the appearance of Gold Iridium?

Have sent her this message:" Hi trixie26te, the lenses I've received don't appear to be Gold Iridium(closer to 24k but not as yellow). The lenses I want to replace appear to be more Bronze based with more transparency. What frame were they cut from please?"

Edit: Her response: "Hi there they were custom cut from direct gold iridium Oakley lens, from a Oakley crosshair lens."

Last edited:
Been on O-Review and oakley.com but couldn't find Gold Iridium listed anywhere in the Crosshair section.................I smell a rat!

Edit: sent this : "If this is true, why can't I find ANY Gold Iridium Crosshairs mentioned on either O-Review nor Oakley.com?"

Her response:
"if you are not happy with them, you are more than welcome to return them, normally radar or crosshair lenses are used as they have the same base curve, if you are comparing them to the original lenses installed on the mars leather, they are more of a bronze non mirrored gold iridium, versus the newer type gold iridium that is mirrored and less transparent"

Last edited:
Been on O-Review and oakley.com but couldn't find Gold Iridium listed anywhere in the Crosshair section.................I smell a rat!

Edit: sent this : "If this is true, why can't I find ANY Gold Iridium Crosshairs mentioned on either O-Review nor Oakley.com?"

Her response:
"if you are not happy with them, you are more than welcome to return them, normally radar or crosshair lenses are used as they have the same base curve, if you are comparing them to the original lenses installed on the mars leather, they are more of a bronze non mirrored gold iridium, versus the newer type gold iridium that is mirrored and less transparent"
I smell BS somewhere in there...

I hear ya man. I'm not sure if the icons are fake or what. They may be real but they definitely are not for the Flak 2.0 compared to my other icons.

Sounds like maybe there was a mix up regarding which type: thought about going onto O-Review and searchimg for them on there and finding out which ones they DO belong to?

Her response:
"... normally radar or crosshair lenses are used as they have the same base curve... "

That's a complete bs right there. Radar has completely different base curve to crosshair or Mars. Just because you can ram the lenses into the frame doesn't mean it's the same base curve

BTW I checked the gold iridium against tungsten iridium lenses last night and they look very similar to your comparison pics. There's a possibility the Mars lens could have been tungsten as well

BTW I checked the gold iridium against tungsten iridium lenses last night and they look very similar to your comparison pics. There's a possibility the Mars lens could have been tungsten as well

@TheOwl asked me something about whether it was Bronze or Tungsten to start with. Since I'm not too sure of the look of tungsten in the flesh, I couldn't answer his question.
I've asked to return them and got a return address as a response.

Latest Posts

Back