• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anybody know if Oakley changed the appearance of Gold Iridium?

BTW I checked the gold iridium against tungsten iridium lenses last night and they look very similar to your comparison pics. There's a possibility the Mars lens could have been tungsten as well

After seeking to apply for Ebay's return policy, trixie26 sent me this message. I could try and work this to my advantage(I suggest I'll only accept this if they semd me the correct lenses as per the colour I recognise ), or do I just get my money back?

'Hi there, it appears the wrong lens color was sent to you, if you send those back I can send out the correct color set'

After seeking to apply for Ebay's return policy, trixie26 sent me this message. I could try and work this to my advantage(I suggest I'll only accept this if they semd me the correct lenses as per the colour I recognise ), or do I just get my money back?

'Hi there, it appears the wrong lens color was sent to you, if you send those back I can send out the correct color set'

How can a pro cutter and pro seller send out the wrong lens? And furthermore know nothing about base curves? If I were you I'd send them back using eBay policies where he'd have to cover return ship. You'll be hard pressed to correctly identify the tint unless you've a sample of tungsten on hand. FYI I've a stack of tungsten lenses that can be cut for cheap if you wanted a set of tungstens

How can a pro cutter and pro seller send out the wrong lens? And furthermore know nothing about base curves? If I were you I'd send them back using eBay policies where he'd have to cover return ship. You'll be hard pressed to correctly identify the tint unless you've a sample of tungsten on hand. FYI I've a stack of tungsten lenses that can be cut for cheap if you wanted a set of tungstens

I thought your response would be something like that. I will just ask for my money back. Thank you for the offer but it's not Gold Iridium, and I do have an M-frame lens in Gold Iridium which I had hanging around. Origininaly had asked Chris A Hardaway to make the lenses. Until I saw this 'prudent' offer.
Well Chris, looks like I'm coming back to you .....I've learnt my lesson.

The iridium coating process has a lot of inherit variation. The same coating even on different curvatures of lens will look different. Positive Red is the best example of this.

I do agree with you..........to some extent, however @jdd32 is correct in his assessment of this particular case @Bmxman. They most definitely are Tungsten not Gold Iridium.

Latest Posts

Back