• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone A Little Burned Out With Oakley?

s3sunruh

Oakley Expert
Casper WY
I'm sure this happens to everyone. But do you get to point where you just sorta stop collecting things or looking for things? I personally think it's the lack of direction that Oakley has been taking. I honestly just want to sell a chunk of what I have and save my money.

I got up to about 25 pair, by no means a massive collection compared to some, and then recently trimmed it down about 10 pair.

I had a lot of special/limited editions that were frames I didn't actually care to wear. From here on out it's only frames I'd actually wear

I have a trio of batwolfs I like to wear now, and a black eyepatch (gets the most facetime) along with a jury. I use my sports frames but for sport things in the summer. Everything else just sits there it seems. I bought a troy lee eyepatch that I have worn out of the house I think maybe once. I understand the having too much of a good thing now!

Two years ago I couldn't get enough Frogskins, the last 3 main releases (Acids, Blacklights, Acid Tortoise) I've not been overly impressed with and I've let most of them pass me by. I feel a little let down by the lack of creativity from Oakley on that front but I'm not sure if it's because I'm expecting too much or there really is a lack of creativity. Danny Kass signature and Kazu signature seem to reverse the trend, Summits are better but still not enough really.

I think it's the case with most collecting though. When you start off you want it all then after a while that excitement fades (sounds a bit like marriage from what I've heard).

Yeah I've definitely slowed down. My collecting has been more display items of late, and getting my feet wet into metals.

If you go fast and strong for too long you run out of cash and passion quickly. I'm taking an M Frame break from looking for things to complete the collection. There are actually a few $100 auctions on eBay I'd really like to buy, but I'm on hiatus from buying anything but steals of deals after dropping close to $800 in the last week or two.

Yeah. That makes a lot of sense. I used to oogle at the ebay pages for hours and hours looking for deals (as apposed to working on my studies), but now I'm just sorta like "eh". This means I will have much more money in my bank account however. :wink:

it happens to every one, with anything you get really into, games, art, collecting, ect. (i come and go with Bionicle and Runescape soon Oakley will follow id assume)

Latest Posts

Back