• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone A Little Burned Out With Oakley?

I was going strong for a few months but yeah have slowed down. Im probably not going to buy anything for a good while. I have one deal in the works but everything on my wish list will prob wait a good while. Like Rust im getting my feet wet with X-metals. I might get a X squared as a gift, then ill prob try and grab a XX then I think ill be done till summer. You never know though.

I racked up over 70 in the 3 months that I have been collecting. Almost completed the artist series. Missing David Flores still. I have slowed down and started to collect X-Metals. I recently purchased 2 X-Squared frames. I try to wear all my frames but I do have about 5 dedicated beater pairs that I use for work, driving, etc. In the little time that I have been collecting I also got into Oakley funny cars. I recently purchased the 1:16 Elite Forces autographed by Scotty Cannon. I also have all that 1:24 scale Oakley funny cars. The awesome thing about Oakley is that I have established contacts and made friends all through the United States. This includes Oakley employees and other collectors who share the same passion. In terms of collecting I am bored with the newer designs. I reached a point were I am going to start customizing glasses the way that I want them and not wait for Oakley to come up with some cool design. As with anything you evolve.

I am more intersted in some of the MPH stuff and older styles...am burnt on the big lense then make it a shield craze and sell even more...I don't have the desire to go to a regular O store at all and I work 10 minutes from one...wish I had a well stocked Vault near me

I haven't bought a pair since my BMX jawbones. That was back in April. Since then I have just done earsocks and a pair of lenses. I might have to pounce on some Xmetals at my neighborhood opticians soon... If they're still there.
I was afraid I was burned out, just no money to spend.

Get what u want now or just make a list, eventually your find what your looking for, collecting is one thing, we as humans change intrests weekly, So we go hot and cold, exspecialy when u collect, I myself love Oakley products and been collecting for years! But I'd come across stuff far and between being in the military. Like everything, buisnes's go hot and cold with creating products, sometime it's just to get product out there! Oakley will come back with more spectacular products, then u start collecting again, or you start living your life until then! :smile:

See I'm not a collector for the sake of collecting, I buy things from Oakley that I wear...if nothing else in a rotation.(nothing wrong with collecting, I just don't have that kind of scratch) I'm sure there are more than a few people on here like me. As a matter of fact, the jacket I wear the most is an Oakley jacket that's a ripstop material in tan and black lining. I rotate between Mframes and Fives and hope to throw a half jacket and Juliets in soon.

Back