• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Eat Quinoa?

Frogskins

I am Jim Jannard...
New Jersey
Doc says I need to eat less carbs.

I love my rice.

Few folks told me to try quinoa.

Looks odd, but may pick up a box after work.

Any of you ever try it?

Good? Bad?

it is all how you cook it it has a diffrent texture than rice i cook it in chicken broth and add a little fish sauce to up the flavor

it is all how you cook it it has a diffrent texture than rice i cook it in chicken broth and add a little fish sauce to up the flavor
Thanks - been reading a little bit about it -

question - do you rinse it before you cook it?

(supposed to remove some of the bitterness when you do.)

It's AWESOME. I actually prefer it to rice now. We don't rinse it. There are lots of different types/brands out there so try and couple and find what you like best.

It's AWESOME. I actually prefer it to rice now. We don't rinse it. There are lots of different types/brands out there so try and couple and find what you like best.
Thanks - you give me hope!

Of course if it taste like cardboard I'll come back and flame ya ...

o_O

It's not bad. It doesn't have the body of rice, more of a mealy grain vs. rice.

It's like tofu. 90% of it is the texture that turns people off, the taste is easily manipulated. Plain quinoa is kind of bleh, cook it in a little bacon grease after you boil it, add some seasoning and spice, not too bad.

I'm a veggie and I don't mind it, though it has a definite taste - it's not the most neutral of the grains. Mixes pretty well with brown rice actually.

Back