• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone else getting a Tailend today?

SiRacer420

BWPMF
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
NOLA
I haven't used my 30% off digital coupon yet. Been saving it for a Tailend. I have two in my cart, one ice one fire. It's 280 for the pair, no tax free shipping. I guess this is the cheapest way to get them. Right?

I wish the Tailend had more colorways and polarized options. The only polar is daily prizm and the only other lens choices are BI, fire, and ice. Tailpin has some cool lens options like jade, chrome, tungsten, and sapphire polar.

Which one did I get? Ice. Why?

Prior to this Tailend, I had five round-lens frames: two Mars (one of which is a Crater), two madmans (or is it madmen?), and an OTT.

I already have BI in the Crater. I already have fire / fire polar in the OTT and a madman. And the remaining madman and mars are both ruby polar; they've both got good red but ruby is closer to fire than anything else (at least the orangey fire, not the yellowy fire).

And then, outside of round frames, I also have fire polar and ruby in Juliets. And I also have BI or BIP in Juliet, XS, R2, Penny, Bottle Rocket, and Radarlock.

But I only have Ice / Ice polar in Penny and Juliet. So, Ice it is.

I would have preferred sapphire polar, but the choices are what the choices are.

Why not daily prizm? With the lack of iridium, for my tastes I don't consider it a lens for fashion purposes (though Oakley is selling it as such). Instead to me it's purely functional, so I got it in Radarlock, which I don't wear for fashion.

Last edited:
Kronin that sounds like me but but I only have one fire in a juliet. I'm going with fire for the same reason you wemt with ice. Can't wait to get it. I hope it's as awesome as it looks. I'm way more excited about this than I ever was about madman badman.

Kronin that sounds like me but but I only have one fire in a juliet. I'm going with fire for the same reason you wemt with ice. Can't wait to get it. I hope it's as awesome as it looks. I'm way more excited about this than I ever was about madman badman.
I can't wait to see how it look in RL ... I might visit my O Store this weekend ...

I just wish the FF coupons were still available and good to use online because I can't use em in Store ... It actually says it on the coupons ... The ONLY stores in NA that can't use em are mine ...

Conspiracy? Illuminati?

I can't wait to see how it look in RL ... I might visit my O Store this weekend ...

I just wish the FF coupons were still available and good to use online because I can't use em in Store ... It actually says it on the coupons ... The ONLY stores in NA that can't use em are mine ...

Conspiracy? Illuminati?
What are FF coupons?

Back