• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone else hate vented lenses ?

I have vented lenses in my radarlocks and jawbreaker and the jawbreaker vents are MUCH more functional than the radar. Those vents are clearly visible and let in too much light and is annoying to wear everyday.

thanks for the photo Ventruck......but why does the jawbreaker even have vents at the bottom ? would it not have been much better with a halfrim design then ?

thanks for the photo Ventruck......but why does the jawbreaker even have vents at the bottom ? would it not have been much better with a halfrim design then ?

I wouldn't know the exact reason to why it's a full frame, but some possible answers:
  • It's meant to exercise an evolution of Switchlock technology. If you see the lens standalone, there's no tabs or anything. It slides right in/out. And with how deep the lenses sit in the sides of the frames, it'd be very hard to have them fall out.
  • It was developed with Mark Cavendish. Promo vid explains he perceives eyewear as a piece of armor. The more sealed-feeling design alludes to that. Compared to the Radar/Radarlock, the "dead space" or gaps are more out of view. Depending on how it fits you, you'd possibly even find none.
  • So much more robust if/when you put the glasses down. I personally hated putting my Radarlock on a surface just resting on the lens.
The lower vents were probably considered ideal for wearers who have cheeks up against the frame, literally sealing any air coming through the bottom.

I understand why lenses are vented for sports reasons. Oakley would not produce a product that does not fit a specific need. I personally don't like vented lenses but I am not wearing my sunglasses where I need the functionality of vents. I would like to see some non vented lens versions on frames instead of only vented lenses.

I resurrect this thread, I do road cycling and have contact lenses, I used Mumbo from 1993, later New Mframe(I have 5) and I bought 5 years ago Radar EV Path. I do not like holes, I feel disconfort with the contact lenses, descending at 55-60 km/h awful and in flat at 32 km/h is annoying. However i'ts true that climbing are more confortable than New M frame but I prefer closed lenses in road cycling. Walking I prefer Radar EV Path, New M frame at 30-32°C feel hot sometimes. There is not any sport with more wind than road cycling except motorbike

I resurrect this thread, I do road cycling and have contact lenses, I used Mumbo from 1993, later New Mframe(I have 5) and I bought 5 years ago Radar EV Path. I do not like holes, I feel disconfort with the contact lenses, descending at 55-60 km/h awful and in flat at 32 km/h is annoying. However i'ts true that climbing are more confortable than New M frame but I prefer closed lenses in road cycling. Walking I prefer Radar EV Path, New M frame at 30-32°C feel hot sometimes. There is not any sport with more wind than road cycling except motorbike
Skydiving?

Some athletes need 100% vented lenses because it helps with intelligence.

ap-201205092353859860261.1336791486-1.jpg

Back