• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone else like to gamble?

Congrats on picking up this XX. I'd prob have it refinished to original finish, but I'm just ocd like that.

Is there a serial on the left arm?
That will tell all

I cant make out the second letter The arm indicates a 1st gen but not sure what color way

but here is the list

X######
X-Metal / Ruby Juliet
First 5,000 = Movie release

XG######
24K / 24K X-Metal XX
1st Generation

XG######A
24K / 24K X-Metal XX
2nd Generation

XG######B
24K / 24K X-Metal XX
3rd Generation

XM######
X-Metal / Ruby Penny

XP######
Plasma / Ice X-Metal XX

XT######
TiO2 / Black X-Metal XX
1st Generation

XT######A
TiO2 / Black X-Metal XX
2nd Generation

XT######B
TiO2 / Black X-Metal XX
3rd Generation

XX######
X-Metal / Black X-Metal XX

Last edited:
that nose bridge looks nothing like 24k. You can tell it's faded at the top of the bridge (top view). It's tarnish at its worst, progressively spreading out. Nothing sinister, just a patina that not everyone is a fan of

So a plasma set of ear stems on a 24K frame Ill bet
that nose bridge looks nothing like 24k. You can tell it's faded at the top of the bridge (top view). It's tarnish at its worst, progressively spreading out. Nothing sinister, just a patina that not everyone is a fan of
It has a goldish tint, but is very different from the 24k.
image.jpeg

Weekend warrior here. That nosebridge isn't from tarnishing. That's had something done. Tarnishing, fading or whatever is never that uniform. My .02

Weekend warrior here. That nosebridge isn't from tarnishing. That's had something done. Tarnishing, fading or whatever is never that uniform. My .02
you'll be surprised as i had 1 pair of Juliet exactly like that on the entire frame just a little while ago that i posted here on the forums

This was one of the times when you have to choose, do you wait for more information (and the price to climb) or buy it now? Well, I usually choose buy it now... and this was no different.

They were called Juliets in the listing and they obviously were not. The question was WTF is up with the nosebridge? They were listed as new, but the loose looking/discolored nosebridge was definitely off. It looked like a strange color in the pics, but some plasma pics look funny and how bad could it be?

Well, they are not beat up, but the nose looks almost copper. It is just the nosebridge and the unobtanium inside is deteriorating .I don't think they were worn much, but where were these stored ?!?

Regardless, I am excited to have a Plasma XX. The question is, do I try to have it fixed or leave it? I actually kind of like the look, but they would look amazing if the finish was able to be restored...:idk: Decisions, decisions!
View attachment 217862 View attachment 217863 View attachment 217864 View attachment 217865 View attachment 217869 View attachment 217870 .
1st off congrats on the sweet pick up.

You can clearly see in picture #2 the top of the nose bridge and where the two colors differ...back of the nose bridge is plasma.

Back