• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Ever Consider Selling It All?

What the-owl said. I have several types of collections that I find myself getting immersed in for periods of time, only to take a break and come back to it months (or sometimes years later). Just have to let it play out. But, if the urge to sell really catches hold, first, put them away for a few months and then re-asses. No need to make rash decisions you may regret later.

-TxAg

YES I sold my entire collection Tron, Gary scelzi r2, BNIB ott, BNIB r1, 5 juliets, etc etc etc because everytime I thought I had a great collection something popped up with an insane price... In my case it was the atmos jawbone from japan. It pissed me off so much, I finally got the point, I didnt have 50k to invest into a world class collection that I wanted. Thus, I sold everything only kept a BNIB x-metal ruby Juliet.

I am slowly but surely looking to find deals whenever I can... Also I am looking to get very specific pieces along the way.

I have chimed in on several of these types of threads. We all come to some point like this in every aspect of our life. The difference here is to enjoy your collecting hobby, but don't let the hobby collect or rather I say consume you. All to often members come on here either with deep pockets or just making ends meet and buy, buy, buy till its no longer fun. At that point they ask themselves where do I go from here, what's the next hard to get item, this isn't really fun any more and get bored.

I am sure many of us have collected stuff in the past and then we got burned out on it. Don't let the hobby run you. Who cares whether you have 10 Ichiro frames with serial matched boxes. At the end of the day it doesn't matter.

This.

When this forum first opened up, i thought i hit the jackpot. I was hunting CL every day and doing deals on this forum looking for rare and hard to get pairs. It was super fun watching my collection grow from regular every day pairs to some nice hard(er) to find pieces. Eventually i got to the point where i would buy stuff just to buy because the deals were good and not necessarily because i wanted the frames. It stopped being fun and i stopped coming on the forums. I didn't sell anything, but after a hiatus i'm starting to get back into it and trying to refine my collection.

I'm glad i didn't sell off my collection.

Latest Posts

Back