• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Ever Got Oakleys Clear Prescription Lenses For Your Glasses?

theclub27

Oakley Beginner
Just was wondering if anyone has gotten Oakleys clear High Definition:Oakley TrueDigital lenses for your glasses. I know lenscrafters sells them, But I cant find any real good reviews. Just wondering if I should get them or the "other" brand of prescription clear lenses.

Are you talking about for prescription frames? If so, I have Oakley prescription frames with non Oakley prescription transition lenses on them. A flak jacket with oakley prescription transition.

The only difference that I think would be on non oakley prescription is cheaper and the quality of the lens is not comparable to Oakley lenses.

Oakley stores offers prescription lenses on sunglasses and prescription frames.

The reason why I settled for non oakley prescription lenses is that my vision gets worse every year. It would cost me a lot of money if I did Oakley lenses on my 4 Oakley prescription frames. Plus, I like to be fancy with transitions. Since the lenses are for correcting my vision, I did not mind non Oakley prescription lenses.

If you are referring to prescription lenses inbuilt into sports sunglasses lenses (Oakley Prescription Lenses | Oakley.com my take is that it's not as good as I hope.

I got a radar path OTD clear lenses. Terribly expensive :(. Part of the lenses is cut out and a prescription piece is then inserted.

Probably due to the bending of light through the prescription curved lenses, my reflex is noticeably slower, e.g some disconnect between the eyes and the brain. It's quite heavy as well.

Depends on the prescription partly. Also depends on if your comparing OTD to another brand of "digital lenses" or standard lenses. I sell both and there are upsides and downsides to both. Typically OTD is going to cost more then a non digitally manufactured lens, but digital lenses are superior. Also depends on frame. Optical frame or sun frame with wrap. OTD is probably one of the best prescription wrap lenses on the market.

Back