1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Lumbergh

Lumbergh Oakley Enthusiast

So I sold some frogs to a fellow member, and wondered why the tracking hadn't been updated in a little over 2 weeks. I check the mail and find this...
    Anyone Ever Had This Happen? - ipv9uf.jpg

Anyone ever dealt with an international usps claim?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. joshbrinzo

joshbrinzo Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

That is pretty crazy. Not something you expect to happen. Hopefully the refund is close to the value of the glasses.

3. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Holy crap! Must have been one hell of a wreck!

4. pistolpetefan23

pistolpetefan23 Oakley Expert Premium Member

Hope you have insurance, because they're offering to refund your postage, not pay you for your item.

5. EIZOHK

EIZOHK Oakley Beginner

USPS service goes downhill. I use Priority Mail International service to send a package from the US to HK. After USPS tracking system shows that the package is received and processed, no further update is made for two weeks. I am very nervous as I only have insurance of US$1,000. The package contents are worth US$1,500. I am lucky to receive it in three weeks.

I highly recommend to use Priority Mail Express International service with guaranteed delivery date of 3 – 5 business days and more frequent status update.

6. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Wow....just wow.

Personally I never send anything anywhere USPS unless it's a letter or something like that.
    But damn....the truck caught FIRE? :shock:

7. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

I got 4 of these letters (in the mail) between yesterday and Monday. I thought it very big of USPS to make "a one-time exception and authorize a refund of your postage" but I do not accept it "as the token of good customer service".
    More like: "We accepted responsibility for your merchandise however while under our care it caught fire and was destroyed. You don't have to pay for shipping it with us because we're awesome like that."
    Dude didn't have the ba**s to sign the memo himself...

TexxxZ, dave m, Luis and 1 other person like this.
  8. Luis

Luis Oakley Enthusiast

Right? The package never made it to its destination but since we are soooo nice we'll make a one time exception and give you your postage money back. I love it how there is no mention at all about the package contents. They should have also included instructions on how to file an insurance claim for those that had insured their items.

9. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley Rōnin

o damn!! no refund for the item?

10. the piper

the piper Oakley Collector

I thought I had all the postal mishaps.../ups/fedex too but wow I better insure everything...