• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone ever heat color x metal frames?

N Jenner

Oakley Expert
Just wondering if anyone has experimented with heat coloring x metal frames with a torch? I'm not exactly sure what percentage of titanium is in the frames but pure titanium will take on color ranging from deep blue to an almost reddish orange depending on the amount of heat applied with a torch. I've used this method on custom knife parts and sheath clips but don't want to disassemble a pair only to find out the alloy won't take color well.

Yes someone here did...there is a thread about it but no idea what to search to find it.

Thanks I'll have to do some more searching, is there any way I can move the thread or is that only an option for the mods? Don't know why it ended up here but I hate making work for people lol

Thanks I'll have to do some more searching, is there any way I can move the thread or is that only an option for the mods? Don't know why it ended up here but I hate making work for people lol
Report the thread and say wrong section and to delete ours useless posts too, lol.

Here is what heating looks like on the Ti part of a PB II. Not a great picture, looks better in person.

IMG_0175.jpg

Latest Posts

Back