• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone ever try a cheap lens cutter?

N Jenner

Oakley Expert
Just wondering if anyone has tried ones of these or something similar? It's just a basic manual lens cutter that uses a template lens on one side and a donor lens on the other. A small milling cutter is used to cut the lens while a guide traces around the template lens. I can't see this thing being anything precise at all and I'm sure the edges would have to be finished by hand but for under 200 bucks I'm just wondering if it would get the job done. In no way am I trying to take any work away from any of the custom cutters here on the forum but it seems like a lot of members just cut them by hand with a dremel with the odd lens casualty in the process lol. Any thoughts?
IMG_0855.PNG

Not buying one o_O. Was just wondering if anyone else has tried it. Found it online while looking for the best type of cutting bit to use on polycarbonate.

I thought about getting one. In the end I decided it was easier to just have one of the forum opticians cut them for me.

Back