• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone fly drones?

Unfortunately 3x the price isn't going to fly (har har) with the wife.
I hadn't realized the prices dropped so much on the P3, $499 for a standard. Thats what I paid for a one of my P2's and that was a deal. I still wouldnt trade my P2 set up, I just dont trust tablets for video feed. With good pilot skills you can get anything with a P2 or P3 that the P4 can get. Good luck with the aquisition.

I am also increasingly interested in getting a Phantom 3 pro. The only problem is that I live very close to an executive airport that has hundreds of small planes coming in and out daily... Makes me feel I wouldn't use it so much since I have to drive somewhere every time I want to use it.

I am also increasingly interested in getting a Phantom 3 pro. The only problem is that I live very close to an executive airport that has hundreds of small planes coming in and out daily... Makes me feel I wouldn't use it so much since I have to drive somewhere every time I want to use it.
Don't let that stop you. :p

I live REALLY close to a military base and other stuff where I shouldn't be flying them and I still do it anyway. :angel:

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a 3 Advanced. Got it last night, charged it up, updated firmware etc and it's ready for when I get home tonight. Super stoked.

IMG_20160406_174324.jpg
IMG_20160406_195825.jpg

So I flew a half dozen times over the weekend, and this really is a pretty incredible thing.

The only issue I am having is really poor range. Now, this is an urban area so I know interference and sight lines aren't going to be ideal but I max out around 1200ft away. I (briefly) went for max altitude and started losing signal at 1470ft before it went dark and came back home. I know the altitude is limited to 500m but I am a little surprised that my range is so low. I need to get out of the city and to somewhere open and see what it can really do. It will be a blast at the cottage.

This is just a short low res clip from last weekend. Wasn't supposed to be flying where I was but the scenery was too good to pass up.

Got myself some windsurfer antenna boosters and I am finally getting some respectable range. This was 2.4km away at an elevation of 500m. Yes...way higher than allowed but I was in a valley between mountains so I wasn't putting anyone in danger.

This is just a short low res clip from last weekend. Wasn't supposed to be flying where I was but the scenery was too good to pass up.

Got myself some windsurfer antenna boosters and I am finally getting some respectable range. This was 2.4km away at an elevation of 500m. Yes...way higher than allowed but I was in a valley between mountains so I wasn't putting anyone in danger.

Great vid!

Back