• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone From Italy? :-)

denta

I should Work at Oakley
Italy
Hi all, I’m from Italy and after few weeks spent lurking this spectacular forum I decided to finally introduce myself.

I’m not an Oakley collector, I’m simply an owner so far and I have an urgent question: what about Walleva lenses? :whistle: ahahah I'm joking!

I bought my first Oakley in 2002 if I’m not wrong. It is a “Wiretap”, vintage, with Blue Iridium lenses, presently still in great shape and still with me.

Then I bought a “Five” with Fire Iridium lenses for cycling and which, sincerely, would need to be repainted or dipped in some way.

Finally I had to surrender to X-Metal attraction and I bought a Penny, numbered, polished and with Black Iridium lenses. I’m totally in love with X-Metal and I think they are the only sunglasses worth to have :cool-33:

OK, to tell the truth I recently bought e Juliet too, only Titanium frame, no lenses, no serial number, no box, no coin, with missing temple socks and quite lose noose but at a low price. Tomorrow I’ll ship them to Oakley to be fitted-up and to have, hopefully, a new rubber set installed, temple socks included. I had some doubts concerning their legitimacy, not being numbered… but they looks ok! The ear socks are legit for sure. Yesterday I dismounted an earstem and I found 4 little transparent plastic disks in the bolted junction between the frame and the earstem, so I think they are legit, right?

And what about the temple socks? Do you think Oakley still has some?

Last edited:
They should have everything you need for a Juliet. Welcome to the forum, love Italy, cant wait to get back next year!

sending them to oakley, which means in US?(not in Lux in italy?)
should've sent it to the Xman!
welcome to the forum!

:welcome: to the forum!

I’m totally in love with X-Metal and I think they are the only sunglasses worth to have
I feel very much the same way. There are a few exceptions for me (C SIX, Pit Boss, some of the non-X-Metals that match their X-Metal counterparts...) - but I do LOVE X-Metals, they are the soul of my collection!

Yesterday I dismounted an earstem and I found 4 little transparent plastic disks in the bolted junction between the frame and the earstem, so I think they are legit, right?
That is one of many step to confirm authenticity. It is certainly good those gaskets were there :)

And what about the temple socks? Do you think Oakley still has some?
I would not count on this. The rubber kits [they still have] contain earsocks and nosepads only. The temple shocks 't-shox' are a different story. They should be able to find a pair of size 15 'stock' around, but those are getting more difficult to come by, at least for genuine Oakley items. Plus you may find you need a 25 on one side or the other. If you have any issues getting them or problems with the fit upon their return reach out to us in the X-Metal discussions area and we can help :)

Thank You Ralph!

Well, tomorrow I will go to my local Oakley dealer which already confirmed by phone that will ship them to Oakley. I don’t where exactly if to Oakley Europe or to somewhere in Italy or to somewhere else in Luxottica.

I already considered to contact X-Man and to ship them to him to have them completely restored and repainted, but my main interest now is to have a complete set of original rubbers including temple socks and gaskets at the right price. Has X-Man such set of original rubbers in his disposal? I don’t know but I don’t think so, I couldn’t find such stuff in e-bay, worldwide, so I understood that the only possibility to have it, is to ship the Juliet to Oakley.

If you think I’m wrong, please notice, in such case I will ship immediately my Juliet to X-Man!

:welcome:to the forum!

Thanks!

That is one of many step to confirm authenticity. It is certainly good those gaskets were there

Thank you again. I've looked in the forum history. Earsocks are legit. Earstem are correctly curved (ends too). Bolts are T6. Rubber gaskets are there. Plastic gaskets are there. So, what else? :agree:

I would not count on this

Waiting from the Juliet to arrive I bought from Oakley online store two sets of rubbers (earsocks and nose pad) and Black Iridium Polarized lens and on ebay a complete set of red rubbers from Linegear, so what I’m looking for now are the originals 't-shox' which are the only think missing.
BUT, if I can’t be sure to receive back the glass from Oakley with original 't-shox' installed probably It’d be better for me to send my glass to X-Man… I don’t know what to do…

I don’t know what to do…

I would just make sure you make your contacts ahead of time, Oakley, X-man, etc... make sure they have a pair of t-shox available they can spare for you - that's all. Start with the 15's, which are the standard size and don't overthink it. Oakley may indeed have you covered. They are just getting short on spares when it comes to t-shox (temple shocks). A little communication may save you some extra shipping and get your Oaks whole again sooner than later. Again, any issues getting them or the fit - if you need an alternate size just let us know!

Ok, thank you. I'll ask to my dealer to contact Oakley and get sure they still have some t-shox spare before shipping. I case they have not, I'll contact X-Man and I'll have my black Juliet tightened by him and probably turned from black/carbon to X-Metal too :grin:

:drinks:

Back