• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Got Further Info On TR Fuel Cells?

oakleybezerk

Unicorn Chaser
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
The Rainbow Nation
My efforts to find out more on a pair of TR Fuel Cells I picked up in a duty free store in Bangkok's International airport have turned up fruitless, so I'm turning to the forum in the hopes that someone out there can help offer additional information on these:

img2167gx.jpg

img2181k.jpg

Not sure if it was a limited release, brought out for a specific event, part of a series or what. So please feel free to chime in with anything extra that would enlighten me and possibly others about them. Thanks.

I'm glad that everyone that has commented likes them, because it was the accessories that resulted in me buying this pair.

Tried emailing Oakley themselves? They might be able to give you some info on them.

I haven't mailed Oakley yet, but I did sit down with our local O rep and he had a look on his extensive database, but couldn't find a thing. He had every other Fuel Cell ever produced except for the void where this one slots in. RVF himself could only confirm that it was in fact a legitimate Fuel Cell, but couldn't offer any further info.

I guess I'll take the next step and contact the HQ and let you all know if I hear anything back.

At the suggestion of SFY, I contacted Oakley Customer Care and here's what I received back:

Thank you for contacting us. The TR Fuel Cells were a limited, exclusive release. TR refers to Travel-Retail which would be why they were purchased in an International Airport. I am unable to say for sure how many were actually released, although the eyewear was released at the beginning of 2012.

If you should have any further questions or require immediate assistance, please call Customer Care at (800) 403-7449.

Best Regards,

OAKLEY, INC.
1-800-403-7449
WWW.OAKLEY.COM

Latest Posts

Back