1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. tavers

tavers Oakley Expert

Has anyone had issues fitting newer Polarized lenses into older Juliets?

I just got a pair of Polarized VR28 Black Iridium and tried to fit them into my Ti02 frame. I'm not able to squeeze one of them in. There is a large gap.

A pair of Ice lenses I have fit a little better. Seems the polarized lenses are a little wider than my ice lenses.

Any ideas?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

Do you have a caliper? If so, measure the height of your lenses.
    If the height is identical, have a look at the edges. Is the older lens more rounded than the new one?

3. xmetalfreak

xmetalfreak Oakley Beginner

i had the same issue with my tio2 xx 1st gen. when i bought a new replacement lens, the orbitals wouldn't close. I ended up shaving off a little to make the lens fit better.

4. tavers

tavers Oakley Expert

I matched two lenses, and the polarized is a little wider. No doubt where the problem lies.

What did you end up shaving it with?

5. xmetalfreak

xmetalfreak Oakley Beginner

i used sand paper, i forgot what grit it was. i masked the lenses before i sanded them by hand.

6. demitri.prometheus

demitri.prometheus Oakley Beginner

Didn't know that lenses didn't fit all Juliet generations. So, in general, the replacement lenses fit the newer frames I suppose? I scored a 1999 Juliet so I'm pretty much out of luck replacing the lens for that one?!

That is scary! I wouldn't trust myself with a sandpaper near a lens.

7. tavers

tavers Oakley Expert

To be honest, I think its just luck of the draw. I'll try and put one in another older frame.

8. tavers

tavers Oakley Expert

They fit into two other first gen frames. I just tried a gold lens, it's not much better.