• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Had Issues Fitting Polarized Juliet Lenses Into Older Frames?

Tavers

I am Jim Jannard...
Has anyone had issues fitting newer Polarized lenses into older Juliets?

I just got a pair of Polarized VR28 Black Iridium and tried to fit them into my Ti02 frame. I'm not able to squeeze one of them in. There is a large gap.

A pair of Ice lenses I have fit a little better. Seems the polarized lenses are a little wider than my ice lenses.

Any ideas?

Do you have a caliper? If so, measure the height of your lenses.
If the height is identical, have a look at the edges. Is the older lens more rounded than the new one?

i had the same issue with my tio2 xx 1st gen. when i bought a new replacement lens, the orbitals wouldn't close. I ended up shaving off a little to make the lens fit better.

I matched two lenses, and the polarized is a little wider. No doubt where the problem lies.

i had the same issue with my tio2 xx 1st gen. when i bought a new replacement lens, the orbitals wouldn't close. I ended up shaving off a little to make the lens fit better.

What did you end up shaving it with?

Didn't know that lenses didn't fit all Juliet generations. So, in general, the replacement lenses fit the newer frames I suppose? I scored a 1999 Juliet so I'm pretty much out of luck replacing the lens for that one?!

i used sand paper, i forgot what grit it was. i masked the lenses before i sanded them by hand.

That is scary! I wouldn't trust myself with a sandpaper near a lens.

Back