• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone have experience of Oakley damaging their X-metal?

"Option beyond Oakley, maybe even learn to do the simple things yourself"

I am pretty handy. I have my T6 and have changed lenses. Know I would really like to learn how to Tune Up the Flux Capacitor I mean Flex Couplers. Please advise.
Agreed. It should be something we can do ourselves.

Agreed. It should be something we can do ourselves.
It can be done if you have the skills, but it is much more involved than changing lenses. Rivets are installed (and removed) with pressure and that same pressure can really mess up your glasses. I'm very handy, but I'm not gonna screw up my x metals! When mine need some attention, they are going to the X-man...

If you search the forum a bit you'll find a number of threads about that very topic. But yes, the bottom line is it's not rocket science and fairly straightforward if you can source replacement coupler rubbers (and perhaps replacement pins).

But you'll need to rig up custom tools for the job and there is a learning curve that can result in damaged glasses. I'm handy and like to do things myself but in this case it's just so much easier and safer to send them to the x-man.

I am pretty handy. I have my T6 and have changed lenses. Know I would really like to learn how to Tune Up the Flux Capacitor I mean Flex Couplers. Please advise.
Austin meet search. Search, meet Austin. Play nice kids...

Thank you, to all who have given me such great information. I am looking forward to becoming involved and enjoying conversation with like minded people.
I am new to formally collecting Oakley and being involved with a forum like this.
-MJLSr-....."said maybe even learn to do simple things yourself" I was intrigued by this and thought to inquire.
My inquiry was meet with interest by some and condescension by some experts. Being an Oakley Beginner and unfamiliar with Forums like this, I will undoubtedly ask stupid questions and inquire about things that have previously been discussed. Being gracious and having a desire to help others is what makes a Forum like this great.
-Kronin323-....need custom tools, learning curve.........Xman
-BHarry-......more involved, skills, screw up your Xmetals.......Xman
-CarGuy.......Austin meet search.....search meet Austin......Play nice kids

Thank you, to all who have given me such great information. I am looking forward to becoming involved and enjoying conversation with like minded people.
I am new to formally collecting Oakley and being involved with a forum like this.
-MJLSr-....."said maybe even learn to do simple things yourself" I was intrigued by this and thought to inquire.
My inquiry was meet with interest by some and condescension by some experts. Being an Oakley Beginner and unfamiliar with Forums like this, I will undoubtedly ask stupid questions and inquire about things that have previously been discussed. Being gracious and having a desire to help others is what makes a Forum like this great.
Sorry if you thought my response was condescending. You knew the part was called a flex coupler and searching those terms returns 192 results: Search Results for Query: flex coupler | Oakley Forum
I thought it good direction that would yield what you were looking for and more.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying - are you thanking me for my earlier post or criticizing it as being condescending?

Latest Posts

Back