• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Have The Galaxy S3

atrain

O-Forums Boss of Bosses
I am a tech guy but I have tried over and over and cant get the GS3 to plug into the computer just to charge. We have mass storage devices blocked at work so I dont want to plug it into my computer here at work till I can figure out how to set it to charge only. My HTC phone I could change that. Any ideas?

I have the galaxy s II and when you plug it in via usb it asks you if you want to use it as mass storage or not and if you don't, it just charges.
Not sure why it would be diff for the s III

I have a G.Nex so I can't help you specifically, but what if you connected it and once it shows in your tray just eject the USB drive...not sure if that will allow it to continue charging only but i think it will

Some USB ports arent "powered" try one on the back

No the USB is powered and I know it will charge but I dont want to get a red flag from my cyber security team that I am plugging in a mass storage device thats non approved. We have company issued Ironkey's that are used and approved. I used to plug in my HTC sensation in my computer USB and it was fine because sensation offered power only mode when plugged into a USB.

I have a G.Nex so I can't help you specifically, but what if you connected it and once it shows in your tray just eject the USB drive...not sure if that will allow it to continue charging only but i think it will

Theoretically it should still charge. I tested it on my personal laptop and it seems like it might work because correct me if I am wrong to anyone that has a GS3 but you need to download the software from the samsung site to be able to transfer files from computer to phone and vice versa. There is a camera mode that launches like a USB drive would but when I plug it in directly I dont have any removable drives popping up.

Theoretically it should still charge. I tested it on my personal laptop and it seems like it might work because correct me if I am wrong to anyone that has a GS3 but you need to download the software from the samsung site to be able to transfer files from computer to phone and vice versa. There is a camera mode that launches like a USB drive would but when I plug it in directly I dont have any removable drives popping up.

Yeah, that ****ing TERRIBLE Keis software...

You could circumvent the computer and just use a USB outlet adapter.

But they are correct, when using my Galaxy S I'd plug it into the computer and the phone would chirp saying it was charging and ask what mode to enable. If left alone or canceled the computer wouldn't bong saying a USB device was connected.

Back