• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Here Actually Like The "Warm Grey" Lens Tint?

Do you like Warm Grey, or is it pointless?

• Total voters
I feel black iridium isn't dark enough most of the time on a sunny day.

It's usable and works, but I'd rather have grey polarized over warm grey any day of the week.

I don't mind Warm Grey. I have them in my canvas fuel cell's. I like the boring gren lenses. Im not a big fan of iridium lenses, i don't find them very necessary.

It's OK but then name sounds SOOOOO BLAND. I'd go Black Iridium over it any day. To me it seams a cheep & easy way out of things for Oakley......................."errrr what colour lens shall we fit?..............................anyone?..................OK in that case we'll go with warm gray!!!!!"

warm grey and dark grey are two of my favorite lenses, not exciting but very comfortable to look through. and some frames look better with a non flashy lens.

I think most of you are feeling an optical illusion. Warm grey and black iridium are equal in light transmission so one isn't darker than the other, as they both allow 10% of light through. The warm grey has some rose tones, similar to G30, VR28, etc. for contrast. It basically is a contrasting grey lens, so arguably better than black iridium from a functional standpoint. I agree they are more boring looking than the iridium lenses, but they are still a great lens, certainly moreso than plain grey. It all comes down to personal preference, but there's definitely nothing wrong with warm grey...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back