• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone In Cali Near HQ?

Batwolf

Double Team
Premium Member
Portland, OR
I am possibly planning a trip to Portland this summer to visit a buddy of mine but I wanted to make a stop at Oakley HQ since I'm gonna be going to the West coast for the first time. Would probably fly to Santa Ana which is about 20ish miles from there I believe. Would anyone be willing to pick me up from the airport and take me to HQ? Of course we can go together and make a day of it but I wanted to take a tour of the facility and check out their shop.

This will probably be in June but I just wanted to see if anyone would be willing to do this for me before I start making pre plans for it. I promise you I'm not a creep.

F***ing love Porland, OR man. I may move up there soon. Gorgeous scenery, sweet camping/hiking spots, awesome city, good people. Pacific Northwest kicks arse.

Ive always wanted to buy something from HQ, always thought ti'd be pretty cool.

I'd be willing, but my schedule's pretty tight in June (my birthday month :smile:) I also work 10 hour days Mon-Thur and generally off Fridays and can possibly make time on the weekends. If you're flying into Santa Ana just for the day to go see HQ and then straight back to the airport to leave, i wouldn't plan a whole day. There really isn't much to see at HQ and i heard tours need to be planned and booked in advance. Not sure on this though.

When JiveSEVEN and his friend were out here for Blizzcon in October, i picked them up and drove them out to HQ to check it out. We were there a grand total of 1 hour. We just walked around the lobby, checked out the VERY small store and walked around the property for a bit. Took some pictures, then went to eat lunch. I know a lot of people here always talk about making this grand pilgrimage to Oakley HQ and seeing it in all it's glory, but once you get there and see it once, it's just becomes a big ass building :lol:

But hey, i live here and i've seen it a bunch of times so i might be jaded :smile:

SpliceD said:
I'd be willing, but my schedule's pretty tight in June (my birthday month :smile:) I also work 10 hour days Mon-Thur and generally off Fridays and can possibly make time on the weekends. If you're flying into Santa Ana just for the day to go see HQ and then straight back to the airport to leave, i wouldn't plan a whole day. There really isn't much to see at HQ and i heard tours need to be planned and booked in advance. Not sure on this though.

When JiveSEVEN and his friend were out here for Blizzcon in October, i picked them up and drove them out to HQ to check it out. We were there a grand total of 1 hour. We just walked around the lobby, checked out the VERY small store and walked around the property for a bit. Took some pictures, then went to eat lunch. I know a lot of people here always talk about making this grand pilgrimage to Oakley HQ and seeing it in all it's glory, but once you get there and see it once, it's just becomes a big ass building :lol:

But hey, i live here and i've seen it a bunch of times so i might be jaded :smile:

Hahahah amen! I try not to say anything because I've been called a douche for putting down this "holy grail HQ trip" but seriously, it's an Oakley store inside a building. Don't even bother trying to make special arrangements to get a tour in the factory either cause no one will let you. I'm friends with someone that works for the vice president and I know a few of there sponsored athletes and they're not even able to give me a tour. It sucks. I know some people have been in the factory before but my friends say they're not allowed to get me in. First time at HQ is exciting but once you go there as a regular to buy your shades and see new releases it gets really boring. I suggest people not to expect much or to find some "rare" items there because they only sell the items that they sell online and in stores

I think it still worth the trip, although they no longer do tours they is still plenty to see. There's the timeline museum inside behind the O stores, the amphitheater, the building itself is remarkable. The company cars and trucks out front and maybe if you’re lucky the tank will be out on the helipad out front. Definitely worth seeing at least once.

Yes but it's pretty much a one time thing and is not meant to be a day long trip. Even my first time there I only spent about 30 minutes looking at the building, the cars, the museum and store and I bought some things (they were the only store around me with a Jupiter Camo Frogskin). I just warn people that it is pretty much a regular o store inside a massive building. And that there are no special treatment tours. No matter what OTT or medusa you decide to actually wear there. They just won't do it due to risks of other Sunglass companies getting to see it and pictures being leaked is what they told me.

Yes but it's pretty much a one time thing and is not meant to be a day long trip. Even my first time there I only spent about 30 minutes looking at the building, the cars, the museum and store and I bought some things (they were the only store around me with a Jupiter Camo Frogskin). I just warn people that it is pretty much a regular o store inside a massive building. And that there are no special treatment tours. No matter what OTT or medusa you decide to actually wear there. They just won't do it due to risks of other Sunglass companies getting to see it and pictures being leaked is what they told me.
completely understandable about them being strict about the actual inner workings of everything, i mean that's what made them so unique.

sounds fun though, just not as exciting as i thought lol.

when in June are you planning on coming? i will be gone on my honeymoon through the 18th...anytime after would be cool

Back