• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Know Anything About The Prism Lenses?

With them being for sport purposes where contrast is crucial, I'm not sure you would want any darker. I'm excited to have a really versatile lens that's a bit darker than G30.

Prizm options available on SI site, along with the M2. TR45 Flak Jacket already backordered. The TR22 Flak lens is available for order by itself now though.

Bump

I just ordered a pair of Flak Jackets with the TR45 lenses. But has anyone tried em out yet? I havent found anything recently posted about them anywhere?!

Is one lens better for indoor than the other? I'm seriously tempted to buy (I mean order and hope to receive some day eventually) some Prism Flaks...

I just got a pair of the TR45 flaks and I plan on taking them out shooting Thursday if the weather lets me. But I haven't noticed any real benefits to them in the short time I had them on in my yard. I didn't have any clays or other florescent colored targets to really look at though.

I just got a pair of the TR45 flaks and I plan on taking them out shooting Thursday if the weather lets me. But I haven't noticed any real benefits to them in the short time I had them on in my yard. I didn't have any clays or other florescent colored targets to really look at though.
In my experience with Oakleys other lenses (not sure how applicable it might be) the darker tint has more noticeable effect.

In my experience with Oakleys other lenses (not sure how applicable it might be) the darker tint has more noticeable effect.
I dont believe they had the darker set when I ordered but I will definitely keep that in mind. It hasn't been the best weather wise to really tell either so I'll hold my judgment until I can give them a proper run through in sporting clays.

Going to order the array kit tonight. It comes with
Tr22 22
Tr45
Clear
The number ie, 22, 45 Is the amount of light it allows in so 22 still has me worried for bright shiny days

Hi Lawman0210, I don't know if it has been mentioned before but on the SI website there's a Flak Jacket Prizm TR22 XLJ Black Iridium (SKU 53-124) replacement lens. I didn't notice a significant difference between the standard TR22 and BI lenses, except that the BI makes it harder for someone to see your eyes. I also have same Array Kit but haven't used them on the firing range so I don't know if the BI coating makes a notable difference. Also, the BI lenses I received did not have the Prizm logo but the TR22/45 lenses did.

I hope this info helps!