1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. YakuzaFloralGangsta

YakuzaFloralGangsta R1 Ninja Premium Member Lifetime Member

Hi to All,

is there anyone who knows more ?
    I saw a picture and it looks awesome ;)

Best

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyCan

OakleyCan Oakley Collector

O-Review

I believe these were never officially released. Its unknown how many are around, if any.

3. YakuzaFloralGangsta

YakuzaFloralGangsta R1 Ninja Premium Member Lifetime Member

Ok thanks for reply.
    I saw that the X Man can " transform "a normal Penny into TIO2...

THE X-MAN likes this.
  4. Several people have been hunting for this pair for years and the general consensus is that they were probably prototyped but never released. The TiO2 penny has never been spotted with any lens color to my knowledge, and there are even people within Oakley that have said they aren't aware of any prototypes of that colorway either.

The only real option is a custom finish to get that look. Chances are even if a prototype did or does exist its in a collection of someone who won't speak up about it, let alone sell it. The only hope for any solid confirmation probably lies with Jim, and he's somewhere enjoying retirement out of reach of the community. The other option is probably something along the lines of the purple Juliets where members stumble upon them and buy them hoping they are genuine, but even those were eventually confirmed by Jim to be authentic and the only ones in existence.

YakuzaFloralGangsta likes this.