• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Lose Interest In The Colored Lenses?

mezzanine

Oakley Beginner
I've owned many different colors of Oakley lenses, and enjoyed them all, but I find recently that I'm less taken with them than I was in the past. I don't know if it's a product of current fashion, being older or what, but I've noticed when I am scanning the "what are you wearing" thread that with the x-metals especially I am more attracted to the plainer lenses.

I still really like Ruby iridium (if it's red enough) and I just finished posting about how I think emerald is a badly underrated color, but I actually like the lack of contrast you can achieve by pairing a metallic looking lense with the metal frame. It's a cool look, and more versatile and stealth for everyday wear.

Anyone else been through phases with their lense color preferences?

I'm fond of ruby on any x metal, but have never really taken a liking to other colors with the exception of heros

It's the ruby/x-metal colorway that always gets me, too. I'd love to see the heroes in person, as I have a feeling they may look better in real life than in pics.

I think my all time favorite color right now is Emerald Iridium and Ice Iridium. It's not flashy like Fire/Ruby and still has a bit of a pop with almost any colored frame. The Black Iridium Polarized/Black Iridium/VR28 are runners up.

I really love the combos I wound up with:
Black Split Jacket frame/black jaws/black bolts with blue icons, Ice Iridium Lenses and
Infrared Split Jacket frame/infrared jaw with black icons/black bolts and black ear socks

I love the +Red but recently some of the non Iridium lenses have caught my eye, like the grey polarized I just traded for. For a long time I didn't like anything that let your eyes show but lately the idea of iridium free lenses has grown on me. Probably because I've been wearing my persimmon lenses more with the clouds that have been hanging around in the mornings.

For a long time all I would use was a couple of wires with Gold Iridium. Lately I've kicked back to Fire polarized. Also been wearing +red in a couple of different frames. I just put a emerald in a whisker, looks good.
I know a lot of people go for what the lens looks like on the outside, to me it's more of the lenses base color that you look through that matters.

Absolutely! I much favour now the vr28 / gold lens as my daily wear, but I still love the look of frames with brighter lenses on others and for viewing purposes.

It's funny, but I think a lot of it depends on mood. It's a good reason to have variety. I still like Ruby best of all, but wish they had a deeper red.

Like Stu I've gotten away from "statement" colorways in favor of lower profile VR28/50's or GI. For the moment...

Tungsten Iridum is one of my favorites for a mellow cloudy-ish day. Mirror finish with a warm bronze can't be more classy.

Latest Posts

Back