• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Miss The Classics?

xtremehardy388

Oakley Beginner
A, A
The Eye Jacket is what got me into Oakley. I still have a pair of Old Minutes, too. I miss that style and wonder why Oakley changed things up. I also miss the simple yet sleek/professional wires. The Square Wire 2.0s were my favorite but I also have a pair of Whiskers. Anyone miss these classics? The colour combinations and styling bring back so many memories.

It's a popular sentiment. But just about every company on earth updates and changes their product to continue bringing "fresh" products to market. Very few things can be bought that look, fit, and function the same as they did 15 years ago if you try to buy a 2015 model.

The New Square Wire II is very similar to the older wire's.

In terms of the EJ, old SJ, Minutes, etc., to each their own, but I find them all God-awful. They all look like cheap gas station shades to me. I much prefer more recent offerings like the Fuel Cell, Flak, Fast, new SJ, Antix/Hijinx, etc.

as much as i loved my square wire 2.0 SH i just can't wear them anymore since they are so small. i put new lenses and rubber in them and i still keep them around since i have had them so long though.

I've got a smaller face so the SW2.0 still fit (and mine are SI). They're the "dress" pair for when I'm in uniform. The Flaks and the halfs are main main "go to" sunglasses. I dunno, I just find the square look (gascan/fuel cell/etc) a bit too "young" for me. While the EJs were way too big for me, I still think they captured the 90s style (I'm stuck in the 90s). I honestly haven't seen anything impressive come out of Oakley, as of late. I've got my opinions on the watch quality (that's in another thread) but the sunglasses and watches BOTH look like they've got too much going on and the styling just comes off as...too much. To each their own, though.

No. I dont miss the classics because I get to see them here! What is so great about my situation is I never seen any Oakleys other than flaks and juliets b4 I found this site last August so Im still a little kid in a candy store (more like a GODIVA store) when it comes to viewing what is and was available in Oakleys.

I love the Eye Jackets. I have an old pair of cobalt Blue ones that need some new Positive Red lenses. I will get some cut someday.

Without a doubt. Old school o matter is still the best. I still regret to this day of not buying them when I had the chance to. I thought it was a for ever production line.

Addition: 90's Alternative rock is the best.

Last edited:
Back