• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Notice Polarized Lenses Dont Last As Long As Regular Lenses?

Although she doesnt use spray my wife uses a few products in her hair and her non O Polarized lenses seem fine...maybe the women on here that wear oakley Polarized can chime in...I dont use either the products or polarization so cant say out of the 300 non polar pair I have had..most of which I have sold -over the past 10 years I never had a lens go bad...I did get a chipped Flak lens once from Oakley but thats OT...
EDIT Disclaimer I am not saying men cant wear hairspray they just CAN'T wear white glasses:)(joke)

I stopped using hair spray and gave up violet lenses when I got some hair on my balls - sometime around the 5th grade.

The biggest difference I've seen in durability of lenses is that non-iridium don't scratch as easily. Also, you want to clean off sweat and sunblock as soon as possible.

i have the twitch in polarized and i have the same problem. i wore them every day for about a year. the coating on the bottom corner is starting to bubble?? i dont know whats going on with them. also the matte black coating is all gone off the earstems but i can understand that.

I've used my M Frame with black polarized daily since 2006, give or take some months wearing other pairs, rainy days, etc.

They're starting to show a little "peeling" where the touch my cheeks the most but they're generally still in great shape. I've noticed they don't clean as easily as they once did, but I'll hit them with the nano pen after the next deep clean and all will be well.

Yeah. I think the definitive answer to this question is simply "No". There is no difference in longevity between polarised lenses and non.

Oh, and that we are agreed that OO is simply mildly annoying. But then we were apparently forewarned.

:rolleyes:

Back