• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone play Minecraft?

• Thread starter digi7alph0enix
  • Start date
D

digi7alph0enix

Just curious if anyone here plays Minecraft. If you do, what do you play? Stock? Modded? Survival or creative mode? I've played off and on since it was released publicly with my wife and a long time friend. Thinking about buying a skyblock style server and if anyone from here plays I'd probably send you the server info.

Lol today was my FIRST time ever seeing the game..my kids(10&17) talked me into world(?)building contest:headbang:I'm slowly getting it:gamer:

The hardest part for most people is having no set objective. Modpacks can change the whole feel of the game

Lol today was my FIRST time ever seeing the game..my kids(10&17) talked me into world(?)building contest:headbang:I'm slowly getting it:gamer:
my son started playing it...

he was just digging and digging and digging and creating zombies and killing pigs and stupid **** like that...

have no idea what it was about, but I bought it for him because I "heard" it was good.....

he took it out and played Mortal Kombat X instead....

and now, he's playing GTA5...

he was just digging and digging and digging and creating zombies and killing pigs and stupid **** like that...

have no idea what it was about, but I bought it for him because I "heard" it was good.....

It's just a massive sandbox game. The world generates a "natural" environment and its up to you to shape it into whatever you want. Closest thing to it is probably legos but on a much much bigger scale. Super simplistic at its core but people do very complex things with it.

ok, so it's like you're building your own world, I guess...

but what for ?? I didn't see any fighting or war scenarios...do you invite other people to your world ??

basically, what the point of making the world ??

like I said, my son played it for about an hour, but he was essentially just passing time because he was bored....

he understood what he was doing, but he didn't understand who or why he was doing it for ??

he did enjoy lighting pigs or dogs on fire though......

My oldest doesn't play a lot but my 10yro that's a different story lol he's mainly into WWE 2k games and the mindcraft stuff..I haven't played since the ps2 really but I'd like the wwe 2k games,get relive my childhood with the old guys :lolsign:

ok, so it's like you're building your own world, I guess...

but what for ?? I didn't see any fighting or war scenarios...do you invite other people to your world ??

basically, what the point of making the world ??

like I said, my son played it for about an hour, but he was essentially just passing time because he was bored....

he understood what he was doing, but he didn't understand who or why he was doing it for ??

he did enjoy lighting pigs or dogs on fire though......
There is multiplayer, yeah. Its quite a bit more limited if he was playing the pocket edition and not the PC edition.

The point is that there is no point. It's a sandbox. Make whatever you want, whether that be replicating things in the real world or coming up with cool designs and layouts of your own. It's a time waster just like every other game, but the skill required is creativity not hair trigger reflexes and super low ping times.

My oldest doesn't play a lot but my 10yro that's a different story lol he's mainly into WWE 2k games and the mindcraft stuff..I haven't played since the ps2 really but I'd like the wwe 2k games,get relive my childhood with the old guys :lolsign:
my son and I (he was 7 at the time) burned up 8 weeks straight playing Lego Marvel Superheroes - best game I've ever played, hands down.....

we also play Injustice Gods Among Us and Mortal Kombat X...

I have to monitor him while he's playing GTA5 and sometimes I grab the controller so I can go around running people over, getting chased by the cops and shooting innocent bystanders.....

as I'm typing this, he's on a mission where he has to chase a car and shoot the occupants named The O'Neil Brothers HAHAHA !!!!!

Make whatever you want, whether that be replicating things in the real world or coming up with cool designs and layouts of your own.
ok, that makes sense...

he's quite creative, but I guess creating things just to create them (without a real purpose), just didn't tickle his pickle.....

Back