• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone play Minecraft?

• Thread starter digi7alph0enix
  • Start date
ok, that makes sense...

he's quite creative, but I guess creating things just to create them (without a real purpose), just didn't tickle his pickle.....
I've played most of the versions that are out there and the PC version is far and away the best. There are thousands of addon mods that change the way the game looks and behaves but keep the same core simplicity. The original version you dig tunnels to get stuff to build a base, modded versions you dig to get stuff to build missiles, space ships, gene splicers, etc. It has a crazy cult following of devs that are always coming up with new stuff.

I like games, but Minecraft to me is a real generational gap thing. There was a time when my nephew would not only play it but happily watch endless videos of it too. Yet to me, it was utterly stultifying!

i can't do it man. a game with no point or ending is pointless. i joke with my 7 year old niece all the time asking her if she beat the game yet. lol.

the closest thing to minecraft i can really get into is maybe Far Cry 3 and 4. they are open world but have plenty of objectives and an ending. even GTA bores me since most people just run around in circles and do the same thing over and over.

Yup, play it loads, just did a 3 hour session on a sky factory 2 server I play on.

I play vanilla and modded, but only survival. My skill at building and lack of creativity prevent me from doing anything really good in creative.

Got into it quite late in terms of when it was released, started around Jan 2012, but have played hundreds of hours since then. Best €30 I've ever spent.

My 7 year old daughter loves it too, she mainly plays PE on the iPad though and we occasionally play together on the XBox.

For me, I've always enjoyed games, but never been very good at them, Minecraft on the other hand there is no good or bad, you play it your way, and that's fine. I find it really relaxing to spend a little time after work collecting resources or building something. Single player does get old quite quickly, so I've only really played multiplayer for around the last 18 months. Everyone I play with is grown with jobs, so it's not just kids playing, that's for sure.

i can't do it man. a game with no point or ending is pointless. i joke with my 7 year old niece all the time asking her if she beat the game yet. lol.

The thing is, there is a point, it's just not like a normal game where you're forced to play it a certain way.

If you play survival mode, the point is to survive and build out the world to how you would like it to be. You can also play hardcore, in which case, if you die, that's it, and your world gets deleted. It can be surprisingly easy to die in many different ways.

Before I got into it, I also thought it was pointless and that the graphics sucked, but I very quickly got caught up in the exploring and number of different things that you can do in the world. The world that are generated are amazing. As I mentioned before I've been playing since 2012 and there are still things in the game that I have never done.

even GTA bores me since most people just run around in circles and do the same thing over and over.
the story line is cool and there are TONS of missions.....

but when you don't feel like doing missions, you can run around, kill people, get chased by the cops, buy guns, beat people up, steal cars, etc (all the things that make it fun lol).....

Back