• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Seen The Blender Range In Real Life. What Are They Like?

Herbsley

Steadily Retiring
Durham, UK
Always one to **** a snook at the mainstream and rage against the machine . . . but I've probably gone too far this time. Starting ANOTHER thread about Wires!

Apologies to everyone for this, but I am going to have to show you a picture of a Wire.

Take a deep breath.

Here it is.

4e67af9fa81ab.jpg

Oakley Blender Sunglasses available at the online Oakley store | UK

OK, you can open your eyes now.
I don't know what to think of these. They are either hideous - or brilliant - I can't decide. (There are more subtle colorways, but I thought I would use the one above for maximum effect)

As someone who always bangs on about no funky Oakley designs any more, I should be interested.
Shouldn't I?

I think only seeing these in real life will give me the answer. They are still 'Coming Soon' in November. But has anyone seen a Blender in the flesh?

(Obviously, they aren't X-Metals, so no-one cares. But hey! Come back! They do a gold one, look!)

haha gold.

but i really dont see the innovation in wire frames.. every other company makes wires. im not talking about the o-luminiums, those are great. dont get me wrong, oaks does a great job, but its just yawnn.

Hmmm... blending of C-5 alloy and O-matter with unobtainium.

Can these still be called "wires"? I like that they're using the ghost text on the stems, but the surface area is so small you can barely tell.

I don't see these doing too well. But then again, the entire wire line doesn't seem like it's been selling well for a while. I feel like they keep discontinuing and releasing wires every other month trying to find the right formula. With O-matter doing so well these days, i guess this is what they decided to come up with. Adding a bit of what's been selling, to a line that hasn't been selling?

I know the wireframe series may be a little boring, but they need some loving :).

I'm not sure if this is allowed, but here is an eBay auction with these that showcase the Gold with Black Text.

Seeing as how low the price is on some these, I might just snatch one. These look like they're made with the same Whisker frame, or possibly tight rope? Not sure but the gel nosepiece is a definite plus.

haha gold.

but i really dont see the innovation in wire frames.. every other company makes wires. im not talking about the o-luminiums, those are great. dont get me wrong, oaks does a great job, but its just yawnn.

LOOL. Spoken like a true X-metalist.
Cheers mate.
:smile:

The thing about this model is that it looks too much like the Tightrope and the Whisker, but with wider stems... All Wires look way too much alike these days, for that matter.

LOOL. Spoken like a true X-metalist.
Cheers mate.
:smile:

haha X-Metalist.. I like that!
Damn, i want some o-luminiums now. If only I didnt have the repair bill on the Penny (if the Aus HQ eventually finds them! cant believe they lost it) plus an upcoming X-metal purchase in the works...

Roll up. Roll up. There's gold ones right there.

Ya know.
Gold.
It's the new titanium.

They'll sell a million!

Hahaha.. its "gold fever" all over again. Flashbacks of Kalgoolie

Latest Posts

Back