1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. IUSTEVE

IUSTEVE Oakley Expert

Has anyone attempted or succeeded to replace (or thought about) the back panel in this cabinet with a mirrored plexiglass rather than the drab white backdrop?

This is just something ive contemplated and curious if anyone had done so. I think it would add to the look of the case, add a little depth in there and help showcase a collection. Anyone Tried This? - ugu5yzy2.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

I've removed some of mine so you can see the wall and then also placed certian photos over the white backdrop on some of the other ones. It depends on my wall background that I have the cases at. Some of my walls have really cool finishes and some don't.

3. OakleyFrankFMJ

Oh....it's VERY easy to remove....look at all the screws holding it in place in the back.....unscrew them all.....take out the white piece while making sure the glass does not come out.....then put the screws back in to hold the glass in place.

4. IUSTEVE

IUSTEVE Oakley Expert

Figured it was easy to remove. So the white piece is the piece you actually touch on the back with clear glass in front of it (inside the case)?

Just thought a mirrored back would look cool.

5. OakleyFrankFMJ

Yes, the white piece is actually the piece you touch on the back....and the clear glass is right in front of it that you can touch from in the case. Super easy to remove.

6. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

eh. a mirrored back isn't that great. I think i'd prefer white

7. Oakleyantics

Oakleyantics Oakley Beginner

Maybe you could remove it then cover it in some vinyl, I guess you could pick a colour that will match/ contrast with whats being displayed? ?

8. stn51

stn51 I NEED ANOTHER FUEL CELL!

i am toying with having a car wrap company do a vinyl wrap on some plexiglass for my simple ikea case.

9. Oakleyantics

Oakleyantics Oakley Beginner

Hexis and 3m do vinyl which has tiny channels in the glue backing meaning that air doesn't get trapped in it when applying, its super easy to do, definitely worth the cost of some vinyl to give it a go yourself!

10. Oakley-olic

Oakley-olic Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

I took a photo of the Oakley tissue paper, the ones they used to put in the gift bags. Worked on it in PhotoShop and had a large print made. Bought another acrylic sheet and sandwiched it between the 2 sheets. Goes well with my black 3.0 double wide.

Anyone Tried This? - Backgroundweb_zpseecc47eb.jpg

Last edited: 3/8/14
    Brett28 likes this.