• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Tried This?

IUSTEVE

I am Jim Jannard...
INDIANA
Has anyone attempted or succeeded to replace (or thought about) the back panel in this cabinet with a mirrored plexiglass rather than the drab white backdrop?

This is just something ive contemplated and curious if anyone had done so. I think it would add to the look of the case, add a little depth in there and help showcase a collection.
ugu5yzy2.jpg

I've removed some of mine so you can see the wall and then also placed certian photos over the white backdrop on some of the other ones. It depends on my wall background that I have the cases at. Some of my walls have really cool finishes and some don't.

Oh....it's VERY easy to remove....look at all the screws holding it in place in the back.....unscrew them all.....take out the white piece while making sure the glass does not come out.....then put the screws back in to hold the glass in place.

Figured it was easy to remove. So the white piece is the piece you actually touch on the back with clear glass in front of it (inside the case)?

Just thought a mirrored back would look cool.

Figured it was easy to remove. So the white piece is the piece you actually touch on the back with clear glass in front of it (inside the case)?

Just thought a mirrored back would look cool.
Yes, the white piece is actually the piece you touch on the back....and the clear glass is right in front of it that you can touch from in the case. Super easy to remove.

Maybe you could remove it then cover it in some vinyl, I guess you could pick a colour that will match/ contrast with whats being displayed? ?

i am toying with having a car wrap company do a vinyl wrap on some plexiglass for my simple ikea case.

Hexis and 3m do vinyl which has tiny channels in the glue backing meaning that air doesn't get trapped in it when applying, its super easy to do, definitely worth the cost of some vinyl to give it a go yourself!

I took a photo of the Oakley tissue paper, the ones they used to put in the gift bags. Worked on it in PhotoShop and had a large print made. Bought another acrylic sheet and sandwiched it between the 2 sheets. Goes well with my black 3.0 double wide.

Backgroundweb_zpseecc47eb.jpg

Last edited:
Back