• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Tried Walleva Eaesocks And Temple Shox?

tarheel7734

Oakley Expert
Texas
I am in need of blue or purple frame kit for a pair of xx and can't seem to find OEM for a reasonable price. Any one use aftermarket ones?

Yes. I have a couple sets of Walleva earsocks and temple shocks. The material is good quality....I'm sure they don't have the grip characteristics of Oakley OEM, but fit, finish and dry grip is very good. Only issue (and this is present with Oakley earsocks at time as well) is they move too much when installed. I fix this by taking a small piece of very sticky packing tape (about 1-1/2 inches long) and wrapping it around the metal at the earsock spot on the earstem (the width of standard packing tape is already the right width). Then I use a little Dawn and slide the socks on, squeeze out the excess, let dry for a day...that usually locks down any earsock and you can't tell its been modded as long as you didn't use too much tape.

Now...the temple shocks? Those are weird...the fit is right in shape but for some reason the 15 (or Walleva's 1) shock seems bigger than Oakley's. I've put that in and swapped back to an OEM Oakley and the fit is noticeably tighter with the Walleva...this may be good or bad for you depending on the looseness of your frame...for my applications its bad so I took a sharp razor and just sliced a little tiny bit off the back part of the t shock. The Walleva's cut more easily and look better post cut than Oakley OEM and even with arms folded, you'd have to really LOOK at the temple shock to tell it had been cut.

irk...I had some...sold them. Drawback to the Walleva blue is its more sky blue than the darker blue of OEM Oakley. The other colors are pretty good...especially white and red (though red isn't as deep as I would really like).

Anyone have any pics of the blue installed?

I have the blue installed on my plasma Juliet's n they look awesome, I'll try and get pics up but I'd rather not use iPad because the cameras awfull. I have blue dg mods gaskets aswell and the whole package looks fantastic. The rubbers are quite a light blue but I think it contrasts well with the ice blue lenses and dark blue gaskets... There looser than the oem rubbers as in they turn quite easily but it's not really an issue and I've heard people wrap the stems in tape beforehand. All in all I'd give them a 9/10...price, looks and feel all good. Just go for it i say...just my 2 cents. :)

Edit: just noticed ucdavis has already covered pretty much everything I said, but in more detail.lol.sorry!...forgot about the shocks,they are a bit on the large side.

Here's some quick snaps of white Walleva on my TIO2 XX (which are awaiting their Dr. Chop Black Iridium Polarized customs). I think they look good (pretty hard to mess up white).

IMAG1024.jpg

IMAG1025.jpg

IMAG1026.jpg

IMAG1027.jpg

IMAG1028.jpg

Back