• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I've been keen on seeing the Elite HC3's tested. At their price point, especially since some OEM lenses are concurrently available, there has to be an extra measure of justification beyond costing a bit less in some cases.

I mean don't get me wrong, I have nothing but good things to say from experience, yet continued purchases or just from an objective standpoint to justify their price really needs some solid comparisons.

@DrGnBld Check your PMs! I've replied to your initial question there, and am happy to share if anyone else would like to know this info. For anyone else interested in reading reviews on these new lenses, stay tuned. I've been working on getting Elite MirrorShield lenses to mods/members of the forum to provide a different perspective on our lenses for you guys from someone who doesn't work at Revant. I imagine some reviews should be popping up in the near future and I'm excited as you guys to hear feedback on what they think.

Has anyone actually done a professional optics test on these things yet? IMO these subjective "I tried a pair and liked them" endorsements have zero value.
As for the point @kronin323 brought up, I appreciate you guys staying on me about this. Testing for our lenses is something that has been a major push on my end. Although I know you haven't seen any of this yet, we've been making progress on this. There's a lot of pieces that go along with this but it is something that we're working on. For now, all we have is reviews from others and I apologize for the inconvenience. I know these reviews/endorsements aren't completely objective, but I do believe these carry more than no value. Any feedback from the OakleyForum community is something I take very serious, and hold with a lot of respect.

On that note, just wanted to reiterate how valuable everyone's opinion on this forum is to us here at Revant. Rest assured if you bring up a suggestion, idea, or improvement, this is something we are looking in to and you have my word on that. If anything comes to your mind, never hesitate to shoot me a PM or tag me in a post like this - I'm happy to answer any questions and listen to what you guys have to say. Always. -Kevin

I pulled the trigger earlier and made the order. Supposedly I'll have them Monday but with the holiday, I'm not holding my breath. Pics to come upon arrival, review after a few days wearing them.

Got my lenses today, ridiculously fast shipping. When I walked to get the mail, I had in my vr28 black iridium polarized lenses in and was squinting. Wish I we exaggerating, but my eyes are that light sensitive. Immediately put in the new ones and just...WOW! What a difference. They are amazingly clear to look through, the 8%vlt is amazing, I truly haven't squinted since donning them, and they do in fact still provide my desired contrast, equal, if not better than my previous set. It's only been a few hours but I have no regrets with this purchase at all.

***I tried to put up the pictures, but I'm too much of a forum noob...as soon as I figure it out, they'll be up***

Got my lenses today, ridiculously fast shipping. When I walked to get the mail, I had in my vr28 black iridium polarized lenses in and was squinting. Wish I we exaggerating, but my eyes are that light sensitive. Immediately put in the new ones and just...WOW! What a difference. They are amazingly clear to look through, the 8%vlt is amazing, I truly haven't squinted since donning them, and they do in fact still provide my desired contrast, equal, if not better than my previous set. It's only been a few hours but I have no regrets with this purchase at all.

***I tried to put up the pictures, but I'm too much of a forum noob...as soon as I figure it out, they'll be up***
yeah, I've been the biggest Revant supporter on this site since I started buying them last year...

no one believes how good they are - most will just turn a blind eye to them because they're not OEM, bro...

oh well...doesn't bother me one bit...it's funny....

i'll keep buying from them, especially when they release colors for frames that were never made to begin with...

p.s.
no one knows the difference unless you tell them...

.............and since I give less than an ounce of rat **** what anyone thinks, i'll openly post a picture and let everyone know it's Revant...

Revant is legit......

I was disappointed with mine. They looked good initially however, after the first or second cleaning, with Oakley cleaner, they hazed and the finish wrinkled. Ive see wrinkled on older sunglasses before but not on new lenses. Anyway, thats my two cents.

Any chance Revants cleaning solution is just just much different from oakleys? I was planning on using my Oakley cleaner when these need it, but guess I'll order Revants with my next check

Back