• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Wear Sunglass Frames As Their Every-day RX Pair?

Herbsley

Steadily Retiring
Durham, UK
Just as the title says, really. How many out there have put clear prescription lenses in a sunglass frame and wear them as your every-day pair?

And if you have, let's see some pics!

H.

For example - these look excellent.
http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-sunglasses-discussion/17338-theyre-finally-finally-here.html
Well done sir.

Be interesting to see what they look like 'on'.

Here you go!
Monkey.jpg

Not the best face (it's the end of the day at the high school teaching...AND it's a Friday hahaha!)
I'll try to get one of the Half-X but as for this one, I got the Juliet Polished frames with hammer stems on.

If I ever get to the point where my eyes reject my contact lenses, I would pick up a pair of Jupiter Factory Lites I think or a pair of metals. :dance3: So i feel like I don't have anything to worry about for the future! I would be perfectly happy with it lol

Here you go!
Monkey.jpg

Not the best face (it's the end of the day at the high school teaching...AND it's a Friday hahaha!)
I'll try to get one of the Half-X but as for this one, I got the Juliet Polished frames with hammer stems on.

Hi Monkey,

on a similar note; I was thinking of rigging up something similar;
Penny with Transition lense.
I am only concern on the distortion of the lens due to the curvature of the frame.

Thus far, I am using A-wire, dictate and Crosslink.

Here you go!
Monkey.jpg

Not bad at all. Just next time make sure it's on your day off after you've had a good breakfast, are nice and happy, in the park on a beautiful sunny day surrounded by beautiful women. THEN take the pic! :tongue:

I wear holbrooks as my RX. Dont have a pic right now though. Lot's of people as me if they actually have a prescription in them lol.

Hi Monkey,

on a similar note; I was thinking of rigging up something similar;
Penny with Transition lense.
I am only concern on the distortion of the lens due to the curvature of the frame.
Thus far, I am using A-wire, dictate and Crosslink.

Hey man. Yeah I had the same worry. There is a "noticeable" distortion on the Half-X due to its curvature of the lens but nothing to be overly concerned about. My eyes have adjusted to them after a couple of days. As for the Juliets, there isn't much really. I think you'll be okay with the Penny's though.

Not bad at all. Just next time make sure it's on your day off after you've had a good breakfast, are nice and happy, in the park on a beautiful sunny day surrounded by beautiful women. THEN take the pic! :tongue:

Pfft yeah hahaha! I'll try to get a snapshot of the Half-X when I'm at the gym today lol

Back