• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Wear Unknowns?

vodou

Oakley Beginner
Omaha, NE
I just got a pair and I like them, but I have already popped the arm off twice. It is no big deal because it just pops back on, but I am wondering how easily the small parts on the arm actually break. Thanks for any advice.

I have had several pairs and the arm has never popped off...which -given my luck is amazing...

Really?? I was surprised how easily it came off. Maybe I just need to settle down a little or something... haha

That's part of the purpose. Better the arm pop off easily, than snap off. Jackets from around then all had that, but I'm noticing a pin being used in the hinge lately that concerns me.

I just got a pair and I like them, but I have already popped the arm off twice. It is no big deal because it just pops back on, but I am wondering how easily the small parts on the arm actually break. Thanks for any advice.

How do you like them (aside from the arm popping off)? How is the fit?

I really do like them. I chose them because I heard the lenses were just like the Splice. Well, they are not, they do have a similar rise by the eyebrow and I like that. They are a little small, but bigger than a Minute. Here's a pic of me wearing them.

photo.jpg?t=1338906407

As dann said, I am not upset about the arm popping off, it's much better than breaking.

Attachments

• photo.jpg?t=1338906407
    photo.jpg?t=1338906407
    6.4 KB · Views: 153
  • photo.jpg?t=1338906407
    photo.jpg?t=1338906407
    6.4 KB · Views: 150
The fit is great, nice and snug, not too tight. I love the rubber on the ear and don't really miss it on the nose. I will definitely be getting another pair in the future.

I think it says that on O review. While they both have the similar rise, the Splice appear more square at the bottom and seem a bit bigger. While I haven't taken them apart to try, maybe the actual lenses could fit in a Splice and the additional size comes from the Splice frame?

Unknowns were pretty cool for me back in the day. They didn't have too many colorways but I liked the fit. I've never had the arms pop off though. I've used maybe three pairs on a regular basis with no issues.

Back