• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone With Experience With The Asian Fit Lend Me An Ear Please

ventruck, what do you mean regarding radar/radarlock?
Oakley has told me that radar frames are different in asian fit as the Asian frame is less tight.
People have told me that they get headaches from normal radars , but Asian radar fits better.

Neil - on pitbull, oakley has told me many times that AF pitbull has differences in the frame curvature as well as the nose bridge width.
I have just put bigger nose pieces on my regular pitbull and it worked.

Unless you guys have actually held an Asian fit flak next to a regular fit, you can't say the only difference is "just the nosepieces."

The Asian fit flak is indeed wider than the standard fit. It's not so extreme to the point to where it needs different lenses (see gascan). It is quite better fitting for wider heads.

I don't understand why Oakley would tell customers something that is not true but who knows. If you really wanna see the difference just order them both and return the one that you don't want.

AF Radars are much wider than 'regular' fit at the end of the ear stems. The difference is about 2cm/1 inch.

Neil
ventruck, what do you mean regarding radar/radarlock?
Oakley has told me that radar frames are different in asian fit as the Asian frame is less tight.
People have told me that they get headaches from normal radars , but Asian radar fits better.

My mistake, after I saw the other post post I looked it up. Yeah the Radar does indeed have different spacing. Sorry about that. A little weird because checking again it doesn't become the case with the Radarlock.

Try eyewearenvy.com - they have a lot of asian fit brands online w/ free shipping and returns plus a legit store in San Francisco

Dealing with customer service that is constantly changing is why there are discrepancies in the answers people get. From my experience most Asian fit frames are wider to accommodate high cheek bones and which makes the frame flatter. The built up nosepad helps bring the frame up higher. This is the same with the flak 2.0. Lens shape is different and the lens actually won't interchange with a regular frame.

I've had regular and af fj's. Here's what I see side by side. The curvature of the frame more flat, the temples wrwp differently, and the bridge is different with the af model. I can't remember if the bridge is wider or narrower but it is different. I find the af model fits my face quite a bit better than the standard frame. I can run standard and xlj lenses and they don't hit my cheeks With the af model. I also have no trouble swapping lenses between af or standard frames.

Asian Fit Flak is a lower base curve, and wider at the temple.

The standard lenses will fit, but there is a difference.

Back