• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anything Other Than Oakley?

I can't do it. I will only wear Oakley and will not go backwards. I am spoiled.

Has anyone tried those wooden frame sunglasses?

my friend actually rocked up today wearin a $20 pair of those wood frame wayfarer types. the arms were bamboo. no more comfortable over frogs... and lets not talk about the lenses..

worth it? maybe if you really liked wooden things, or wanted to be a hipster that was "cooler" than all those "mainstream hipsters with fixies and frogskins"

where does it end.

My first pair of Oakley's just happened to be given to me by a friend who worked at the Oakley store and before that I never wore glasses or knew anything about Oakley. The only things I knew about Oakley was from seeing the Mags as a kid.

But once I got my first pair (polarized Fives Squared) I was hooked. My taste in glasses has changed a lot since then but I love the company and the heritage even more and I've learned a great deal about their history. Honestly I've looked at other glasses out of curiosity but I knew in the back of my mind that none of them matched up and plus most other glasses are hideous IMO.

OK so I know this is an oakley forum, and all of us here share the bond of a love for Oakley shades but I was curious what other brands you may occasionally splurge on and add to your collection? For me, i have some cheap $3 aviators i picked up from amazon...wanted them for situations where i didn't care if they got lost/broke/stolen etc. So, the beach, swimming, boating...etc. My other pair of non oakleys is a pair of polarized Maui Jim Sports...I gotta say they are sweet! I typically pick them for driving.

So, confession time, where have you stepped outside the oakley realm?

this is why you need multiple pairs of oakleys so you can have a pair for every activity and sport you like to do

and i agree with q nothing else even compares so i dont think about them

my friend actually rocked up today wearin a $20 pair of those wood frame wayfarer types. the arms were bamboo. no more comfortable over frogs... and lets not talk about the lenses..

worth it? maybe if you really liked wooden things, or wanted to be a hipster that was "cooler" than all those "mainstream hipsters with fixies and frogskins"

where does it end.
LOL! Agreed.

I wore regular aviators and a few other pairs... until I got my first pair of Oakleys in high school.

I haven't worn anything since, unless it was borrowed in a pinch.

Back