• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Anything With Hammerstems Or Polished Carbon Juliets

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Hi,

I'm keeping my eyes open for a set of polished carbon Juliets - i'm not concerned with the condition of the lenses or necessarily box/coin although they are nice! Anything considered.

Also, anything with hammerstem arms (Juliet, XX, Romeo). I wear my prescription Juliets all the time and find the hammerstems far more comfortable to wear so would like to update my collection with some more frames that have hammerstem arms.

Shipping would need to be to the UK.

Cheers!

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
keeping my eyes open for a set of polished carbon Juliets
Make sure you put your name on the wait list - a bunch of us would love to have a couple few of those! ;)

I cannot speak to 'anything with hammerstem arms' - I'm not a franken-Metal type, you have some options there... However, I am posting some detail and a link that compares a carbon polished Juliet to a clone you may find interesting. [TBC in the other discussion]

Username Hidden said:
Make sure you put your name on the wait list - a bunch of us would love to have a couple few of those! ;)

Indeed, I had noticed! :grin:

Do we have any figures on how many carbon polished juliets were made?

Username Hidden said:
I cannot speak to 'anything with hammerstem arms' - I'm not a franken-Metal type, you have some options there... However, I am posting some detail and a link that compares a carbon polished Juliet to a clone you may find interesting. [TBC in the other discussion]

Hammerstems do seem to be more difficult to come across, or come with the more expensive options, so can be expensive to acquire. It's a shame there was never the option to specify. My intent is to get a select of frames and put the hammerstems on the ones i wear most often. I do wear straight, i just find they become uncomfortable after a few hours.

Ill dig out that thread now unless you have a link? :D

Username Hidden said:
Do we have any figures on how many carbon polished juliets were made?
4 digit SN so I suspect a couple few thousand, not tens or hundreds of thousands. Not the most rare piece to find, but certainly not common. There are a few members who have them all [the Ichiros] and know a lot more about them than I ever will. There are also a couple of threads that list some of the rare/fewer_produced pieces along with actual numbers and/or educated guesses. They may be on that list? I have seen it, I just do not have it off the top of my head.

Here you go...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mjlsr/sets/72157644331267689