1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Thinking of going with Radars for my next frame. I want some XL Blades, but the lens choices are pretty slim.

If I buy an XL frame, is there anywhere to get a standard sized nose piece to be able to swap in Range lenses? Or vice versa?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rustpot

Also, does anyone have an XL and a Range lens that can compare them size-wise? Wondering if the XL is that much taller, or if they just sit different with the frame higher on the face due to the longer nose piece.

3. JOBEN

JOBEN Oakley Collector

I don't think you can from others here I think you may just have to find someone with a crap pair or buy two

4. Rustpot

I figured that might be the case. I saw someone on here a while back posting a frame they put together with an XL nose on their standard frame, but they obviously had an example of both frames to work with.

Right now I'm debating getting a Range in Jet Black and adding a G26 lens, or going with the XL in polished black/G26 and adding a different XL lens like +Red.

What I want is a matte black frame with Range or XL lenses, but matte is only available in Pitch unless I can track down someone to get an SI Radar in Range through.

5. Rustpot

Alright, so anyone have Range and XL that can compare them for me?

6. Peeza21

Peeza21 African in the United Kingdom

If you are after a XL nose piece, I have a retina burn one I'd swap for a standard one

7. Rustpot

I don't own any Radars currently. Weighing my options as to the best course of action to acquire what I'm seeking with as little investment as possible.

8. Peeza21

Peeza21 African in the United Kingdom

Ok, I'll do a comparison photo between the radar path and XL lenses, dont have range lenses, but it will still help I hope

9. Rustpot

Any update? Thanks.