• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

AP Vest -men/women Version Difference?

Hitech Vojtech

I should Work at Oakley
Shanghai,China
Hi guys I'm searching for AP vest for a while but it's hard to find....but now I spotted one but it's women version ,size is ok I think, just for sake of getting it I would go for it :) did you guys saw men/womens version of AP vest together see the main differences?
I'm sure the womens is bit thinner in middle....just I don't want to look retarded wearing it....Thanx for help! :)

I vaguely remember the women's cut AP Vest. The women's version is tapered in the waist (to give a more flattering look) and the pockets don't actually function. I could be wrong on the pockets thing. The men's cut has a bunch of buckles (on the shoulders, back and sides). I will double check mine when I get home.

Yes there is a Men's and Women's version of the AP Vest. The Women's, like randsome01 said, is tapered in the waist (this is very noticeable), the Men's is straighter. The side cinch straps are different on both vests, the Women's is one strap on either side that is in a zigzag pattern and the Men's has three straps to each side. The pockets are functional on both vests and both have similar buckles, although the pocket configuration is different on the Women's version compared to the Men's. Another good indicator is the size, the Men's only came in Large and X-Large (I believe) and the Women's you can find in Small, Medium and Large.

Also, I remember Oakley blowing out the last of the Women's vests at the stores for $25, but that was many years ago.

off topic, how much is ghe reasonable price of AP vest for men nowadays?
I just saw one on eBay go for over $300! I guess that isn't too bad considering it's discontinued. I got mine at an O Store when they were clearing it out for well under retail. I guess to answer your question, whatever you are willing to pay. I mean I wouldn't pay. Check out this forum & see if anyone is willing to part with theirs.

Thanx for answers,actually I saw women Version going on eBay sone time ago for like 150euro...I should have taken that,never mind hope get the mens version one day for ok price...

Yes there is a Men's and Women's version of the AP Vest. The Women's, like randsome01 said, is tapered in the waist (this is very noticeable), the Men's is straighter. The side cinch straps are different on both vests, the Women's is one strap on either side that is in a zigzag pattern and the Men's has three straps to each side. The pockets are functional on both vests and both have similar buckles, although the pocket configuration is different on the Women's version compared to the Men's. Another good indicator is the size, the Men's only came in Large and X-Large (I believe) and the Women's you can find in Small, Medium and Large.

Also, I remember Oakley blowing out the last of the Women's vests at the stores for $25, but that was many years ago.

Additional question,are you sure the Mens version came only in L/XL ? Just found recently mens AP in Large and i am not sure If its not going to be too big...usually I have size M Oakley clothes....do you know guys if its kind of stretch adaptable material?

Additional question,are you sure the Mens version came only in L/XL ? Just found recently mens AP in Large and i am not sure If its not going to be too big...usually I have size M Oakley clothes....do you know guys if its kind of stretch adaptable material?

As I stated before, the Men's came in Large AND X-Large. The Large should work for you.

Back