• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Apple Event

Kuztomized

I should Work at Oakley
Southwest PA
Apple event today at 1 PM eastern, 10 AM pacific! Who's excited? iPhone predictions? iWatch?

I've had both Apple and Android phones. I keep coming back to Apple for iMessaging. I'm constantly in locations with no cell service but with access to wifi. Most of my friends have iPhones, so I'm kind of stuck, but it's not such a bad thing.

A few things android has, that I hope to see from Apple:
  • bigger screen option, like phablet size
  • Notification LED (with custom colors, located on the front face)
  • Waterproof (like the S5)
Not trying to start an apple vs android war, just want to stir up some excitement for the apple event :)

Again, did not intend this to be an Apple vs Android battle royale, but it seems inevitable.

Referring to new iOS releases, at least they roll it out to everyone that has a capable phone. Personally I've never upgraded my iOS and felt the phone couldn't handle it. But I also keep it clean and not bogged down with a million apps open and storage at 99%. When a new android OS is released, it takes forever to be distributed and it happens at different times for each phone, if at all.

Yeah, likely a larger screen iphone and something wearable like a watch.

Personally I'm not an apple fan but I don't really care what other people choose to use; whatever floats your boat... I kept having family members check with me to make sure I was ok with them getting an iphone over android; I'm like, "If you want an iphone, go for it. Just don't expect me to provide tech support..."

Yeah, likely a larger screen iphone and something wearable like a watch.

Personally I'm not an apple fan but I don't really care what other people choose to use; whatever floats your boat... I kept having family members check with me to make sure I was ok with them getting an iphone over android; I'm like, "If you want an iphone, go for it. Just don't expect me to provide tech support..."

I agree, to each his own. And I definitely sympathize with the comment about tech support haha. I am the "go-to" person when any of my family or friends have phone, computer, stereo, or any other electronic troubles.

Again, did not intend this to be an Apple vs Android battle royale, but it seems inevitable.

Referring to new iOS releases, at least they roll it out to everyone that has a capable phone. Personally I've never upgraded my iOS and felt the phone couldn't handle it. But I also keep it clean and not bogged down with a million apps open and storage at 99%. When a new android OS is released, it takes forever to be distributed and it happens at different times for each phone, if at all.

Sorry, didn't mean to turn it into an iOS vs Android debate. I myself don't use Android, but you can't deny that Apple loves to play it safe these days. They don't innovate anymore and wait for a feature to become popular for them to add it to their devices. What is hilarious is that then they act like they invented it.

I will give you this though, Apple does have control over their updates and release as opposed to other companies that let the carriers handle it which causes everyone getting it at different times if they even get it at all.

I agree, to each his own. And I definitely sympathize with the comment about tech support haha. I am the "go-to" person when any of my family or friends have phone, computer, stereo, or any other electronic troubles.

Same here, lol. I am the "IT department" of the family. When I don't know the answer I search it online and wonder why they didn't do it themselves.

And yes, use whatever works for you. My wife and daughter both have iPhones. They like it, it is all that matters at the end of the day. Me? I was a fervent Apple fan, upgraded every iPhone on release day, up to the iPhone 4. Then I looked back and noticed how boring and stale it had become. Switched and haven't missed it one single day.

@Luis no worries, just hoping to keep it civil :) I do agree that after the very first iPhone was released, and other brands started to play catch-up, Apple has constantly been wayyyyy behind with implementing the new features that consumers expect (and can find in other brands).

Back