• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aquatique Frogskins

Mike Fear Light

Oakley Beginner
Florida
My OPD was doing some searching and found some SKU's for a new line of froggies, all with the title Aquatique Frogskins

1.) Abyss w/ +Red
2.) Hotspot w/ Fire
3.) Coast w/ Emerald
4.) Lagoon w/ Fire
5.) Drop Off w/ Blue Iridium

Anyone know anytihng about these? Other than being a fancier way of writing Aquatic, Aquatique is an Australian Surf Company so maybe an Aussie exclusive? Either way, sounds sick

I know! This plus all the others coming out (Summit, Polarized Blacklights and Acid re-releases, Infinite Hero, GP-75 plus the signatures).....makes it out to like 20+ different "limited" color ways. Plus all the standard stuff! Too many frogs in the pool if you ask me

Yeah, Jive and I were discussing in another thread how the Frogskins market is cooling off, and I said it was probably due to Oakley themselves, too many crap colourways over the past year, and too many overall it seems.

Not heard of these before, or seen pics. Hell, they could just be the Summit series but called different names for the Australian market? Or they could be releasing them in Australia this year as the southern hemisphere enters it's summer months now and the release them worldwide as next summers releases? Who knows, they sound nice but we'll have to see. In an ideal world they'll be fades too, I loved the fade series.

As far as I know, these all have their own unique SKU's. And yes the market is definitely cooling due to 1.) over-saturation on Oakley's part and 2.) the style itself is becoming played out

and that's y i have been leaning more towards the Brooks recently. ha! over-saturation indeed. made me very picky when it comes to my Frogs purchases. but at least they are staying clear of the Grey lenses. that to me, was the major turn off.

Im gonna nom nom me some aspen summits though. Even though Id wear a dress before Id wear frogskins. Love the frame color.
Waiting for pics of these

Back