1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karimo

karimo Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I need new lenses for my older models, like the oil drum, have enyone tried any aftermarket not authentic oakley lenses? would you recommend any specific brand?
    ...there are about 5 important brands on Ebay, but most of them if not all of them are made in China.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. SecretNinja

SecretNinja Oakley Expert

I am not familiar with O matter. But, Linegear and, Ikon make the best aftermarkets I have ever tried. Seek lenses are 3rd in line, as they have a proper fit and thickness. All others are thin and flimsy. I have only tried all of the aftermarkets based on metal frame fits.

3. qBan

qBan The Hijinxer

Revant lenses are pretty sick!!!! Look at their thread somewhere in here and you will find a sick video of how they make their lenses!!

4. Jjinga

Jjinga Oakley Beginner

I have tried Revant, Volt and Seek in my flak jackets. Of the 3, Seek is by far the best and just as clear as Oakleys. The others are all cloudy.

5. joecool862

joecool862 Keeper of the Skull Premium Member Lifetime Member

I have not tried Seek lenses, and probably won't as I prefer Linegear as my aftermarket of choice in my metals, but can vouch for the Revant HC3 lenses as being a decent line of lenses. They are taper corrected to minimize the distortion inherent to all polycarbonate lenses. Still awating official optical tests from them. Linegear is still tops for aftermarket in my opinion but I do not believe they make lenses for your frame. Revant also has a buy one get 50% a second lens deal right now for black Friday according to their website. Might be worth checking out. Again, only the HC3 line from Revant is taper corrected, not their standard lenses.

6. What a breath of fresh air.

7. joecool862

joecool862 Keeper of the Skull Premium Member Lifetime Member

I know right? Hardly ever see threads like this :) Oh well, I hope it helps him find what he's looking for...

8. Joshua Hanson

Joshua Hanson Oakley Beginner

I have a pair of Revants in my Gascan S and they are pretty damn good. Haven't tried any others or any lenses with any serious curvature so not sure about image distortion in those.

9. SecretNinja

SecretNinja Oakley Expert

I have a set of INEW that look great and do nor effect vision.

10. Here's a fun question for you all. If you bought a pair of "Oakley" Juliet sunglasses, but the frame wasn't made by Oakley, what would you classify that as?

Now let's say you bought the same "Oakley" Juliet, but this time the lenses weren't made by Oakley. What would you classify that as?

Just curious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.