1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. saulsaul

saulsaul Oakley Expert Premium Member

I've searched the forum and found a lot of discussion about the lack of quality in Oakley substitutes (revant) etc.

My question is whether there are any lens manufacturers that approach or equal the quality of Oakley?

If so, what makers?
    On what basis did you assess the quality?
    Any personal user experiences?
    What were the companion frames?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Teetogreen

Teetogreen Oakley Collector

Oakley only

Oakley plumber likes this.
  3. slamriffer

slamriffer Oakley Expert

No equal quality to Oakley, as people says. Manufacturers: linegear(japan), cxl, z-lens(new zeland), walleva, revant, exovista/keystone, samvette, inew lenses, volt. Better buy oem oakley lenses than aftermarket lenses, as people says, again. I have z-lens for Juliet, walleva/revant/cxl for Plaintiff, Flak Jacket/Half Jacket, Hijinx. If don't dig too deep-not too bad..but it's not Oakley anyway.

4. saulsaul

Excluding Oakley aftermarket lenses what are the most respected lens makers in the world?

5. Jontoad

Jontoad Oakley Expert

Fuse lenses have gotten very good reviews out of the aftermarket options. i have one set of aftermarket lenses in one of my pairs and the rest are all Oakley. my Square Wire 2.0 spring hinges have blaze red from Fuse in them and they seem really good. the optics are clear at angles similar to Oakleys. most aftermarket lenses get distorted at angles or at the edge of your field of view.

6. TheWannaBe

TheWannaBe The O-Warrior Premium Member

It's oakley... Bar none.

7. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Actually from what I've been told, they're not the best in the biz. Great, but not the best

8. Oakley G

Oakley G Oakley Enthusiast

Oakley's consumer polycarbonate lenses don't have clearer optics than glass and don't have better impact resistance than the best ballistic resistant lenses, but their strength is in having a combination of everything, supported by their proprietary XYZ optics. You won't find any other lenses that have a greater combination of all factors.

9. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Zeiss could be considered a candidate for most respected in the world and their quality might beat Oakley. But they're very expensive, more so than Oakleys.

Fuse claims to sell some Zeiss lenses but their provenance (and price point) is suspect. In general I don't trust Fuse.

Sticking with OEM is the safest bet.

slamriffer likes this.
  10. saulsaul

Yes, I was thinking maybe zeiss. But I have to concede there's no one like O. Thread closed unless someone can name any other lens makers as good as zeiss or oakley!