• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are frogskins really not as important as they used to be?

Depends on my mood. I can't wear metals for a long period of time but I'll break out a pair of X Squared on short trips. O Matter always worn for all day events :).

As someone who used to collect both, it's all about preference. I can tell you that I know people who can look at a frogskin and a romeo side by side, and if you asked them what they would choose it would be the frogskin. X Metals don't suit everyone's faces. Hell I used to collect Juliets but I look like a douche in them.

"X Metals don't suit everyone's face"...... true same with other frames & frogs. It does not have to suit you to be able to appraised its over all value.

"I used to collect Juliets but I look like a douche in them"...............LETS BE THE JUDGE OF THAT NOW POST A SELFIE AND WILL VOTE FOR IT o_O as far as I am concern its all about confidence on how you wear em.

"it's all about preference" I totally agree with you, but the question is the decline?, and the number of people who still like em? over all value?? compared to xmetals, csixes which are more a step ahead in all categories imo.

I have to put them in my face and wear it. Since i know both already, i will prefer frogskin if i will wear them the whole day. I will wear the juliet so other people will notice me

ahaaaaaaaaaaa so if your wife is not around and you want the chicks to NOTICE you. You wear the x metals lol, but for ordinary beater boring a$$$ days well you wear a frog. You answered your own question my friend :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

SERIOUSLY!!! I will have a video since I live here in vegas which has a lot of tourist on what they prefer frogs or Juliet to settle this. I will interview 10 random people who does not know anything about sunglasses and lets see what they pick and comments should be a FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN :D:D:D:D:D:D.

ahaaaaaaaaaaa so if your wife is not around and you want the chicks to NOTICE you. You wear the x metals lol, but for ordinary beater boring a$$$ days well you wear a frog. You answered your own question my friend :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
They all notice me just the same. I was born into it. Dont any need of sunglasses

I haven't posted on this forum in years and the reason being is because of the OP's question. Are frogskins as valuable as they were a couple years ago? My answer is absolutely not.

Sure, you will always have the real limited and rare pieces that any collector would like to have, but unfortunately the frog line went downhill. As mentioned earlier, the Acid Rain series was the gateway to a terrible run of frogskin releases. Same color ways used over and over and mixed and matched in ways that looked atrocious, in my opinion. I sold many of my first pairs that i owned as those were the only ones that had "value" left in them before the market flooded with all kinds of frogskins. I personally was a fan of every fade design that Oakley has done so those were the only ones i kept. I don't think many people collect anymore or post on here as often like they did in 2011/2012, which is another reason i haven't been on here much.
When I started collecting in 2011, the only frame that fit my face well was the frogskins and that's when I found this forum and met many great people. It was a good run, but due to the lack of creativity being produced by Oakley, I moved on. Now i have only about 20 pairs of frogs and they're all for wearing purposes. I do wear Frogskins as prescription glasses so it's nice having the variety of frames to choose from to pop my lenses in and legs that interchange as well. They're still a cool and classic pair of shades that i think everyone should own (at least one). My only suggestion is that you collect what you like, not what everyone else desires, because some people don't even know why they desire a $500 pair of sunglasses.

Nicely put

Latest Posts

Back