1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Tomtucker

Tomtucker Oakley Enthusiast

Talking about the same lens tint. For instance , are a black iridium lens produced the same way in 2016 as it was in let's say 1999, or have Oakley changed the way they are manufactured, has there been improvements or the opposite in the lens ?. Is it the same lens tint, clarity, and so on.

I of course have several new black iridium lenses and i just went though my crates and found a never worn m-frame from 1999 i think , and the black iridium does not look different than the ones from this year.

But perhaps someone had some info about lenses through the years, be it black iridium or some of the other lenses

:)

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. NoFair

NoFair Oakley Collector

My BI lenses from the 90s look just like the ones I have today. Ruby and fire have changed a bit since back then.

3. Ghostrider757

Ghostrider757 Oakley Beginner

My black Iridium Polarized look different from my Flak Jackets to Split Jackets if that helps any, then again I bought the splits used so who knows, maybe they were switched for VR28's.

4. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

BIP and VR28BIP look reeeeaaaaaaaally different

thisguy and Ghostrider757 like this.
  5. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

imo all lenses have very subtle tint differences. My Shocktube, Jawbone, and PB II all have BI (or BIP) and one's warmer/colder than the other. +Red can vary in how much of a blue tint it holds (and that goes hand-in-hand with the noticeable change in finish. That just boils down to production batches and tooling consistency, not necessarily era.

Tomtucker likes this.