• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are The Juliets Going Away

Yes - all X Metal was discontinued earlier this spring. Welcome to the forum!

Im anxious to see what replaces them. When I sent my Juliet's for a tune up I ask each representive I talked with if they were discontinuing the x metals ,and only one would confirm . She said if there was a pair I wanted to find them and buy them soon. Everyone else danced around the subject and wouldnt confirm or deny . one told me that she had heard that they would continue the Juliet's in another type metal , I personally doubtful of that.

haha i think o-luminium would be dissapointing but not the worst thing to happen. imagine if they made the Juliet in Magnesium. OH GOD THE HORROR. A year later, we'll start seing juliets that have fallen to bits with pits and corrosion all over. although some zombie fans here may like the idea.. haha!

i actually have some titanium casting flash i got from someone over there a couple years ago.i guess ill have to make a set of dies to tighten up the bridge myself because they will probably discontinue the tune up service too.

i actually have some titanium casting flash i got from someone over there a couple years ago.i guess ill have to make a set of dies to tighten up the bridge myself because they will probably discontinue the tune up service too.

First off, welcome to OF also.

If you are mecahnically able to reverse engineer the XM line, stamp or mold flex couplers and orbital gaskets, create jigs and dies and be proficient with a press you could literally support yourself for the next decade performing tune-ups.

Oakley US currently no longer supports the Penny, is drawing to a close on the XM XX and the Juliet won't be too far behind. The aftermarket offers plenty of lense options, McMaster Carr has the T-6's and there are literally millions customers awating you.

You will have to beat QTrain to it though because it is his retirement plan. :wink:

Back