• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are The LX Frogskins Models Worth The Extra Money?

SMman

I should Work at Oakley
My teenage son is in the market for a pair of Frogskins and prefers the LX model. I notice that they are quite a bit more expensive in stores and online. I honestly don't see much difference but I'm a newb so what do I knowo_O? I'm looking for opinions to see if its worth spending the extra money for the Frogskin LX over the regular Frogskin (which I've seen for as low as $39.99 recently). Thank you.

Just depends really, the LX frogs feel a little bit more sturdy since they have metal hinges and they make some really cool color ways in the LX line. But you can't beat a frog for $40 bucks.

I just ordered my son the Aspen Green Frogskins on 6pm for $42.99. He ended up listening to me about getting them instead of the LX models after seeing the huge price difference. I told him that he can always keep an eye out for deals on the LX model later because its ok to have more than one pair, or at least I hope it is :blush:

Awesome, I buy my dad Oakleys I wish it was the other way around!
Hopefully some day my son will take care of the old man. He's been wearing my old Ray Ban aviators that I bought in 1993 so figured it was time to buy another pair for him to use.

Hopefully some day my son will take care of the old man. He's been wearing my old Ray Ban aviators that I bought in 1993 so figured it was time for another pair for him to use.
Im sure he will, i couldnt stomach watching my father use walmart polarized glasses for fishing after i discovered oakley. He has two pairs now along with a hard case and cleaning kit.

My father has been rocking the polished chrome Crosshair 2.0s for a while and loves them. They're his first Oakleys after years of wearing Maui Jims.

I liked the Aspen Green Frogs that I had. Maybe he would like a pair of Jupiter Camo? That was one of my first Frogs and I have been hooked ever since

I will have to look up the Jupiter Camos. Thanks for the recommendation. These Frogskins are new to me, at least new within the last 20 years. I'm old enough to remember when they originally came out.

Back