1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Tags:
  1. SMman

SMman Oakley Collector

My teenage son is in the market for a pair of Frogskins and prefers the LX model. I notice that they are quite a bit more expensive in stores and online. I honestly don't see much difference but I'm a newb so what do I knowo_O? I'm looking for opinions to see if its worth spending the extra money for the Frogskin LX over the regular Frogskin (which I've seen for as low as $39.99 recently). Thank you.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakley4Life

Oakley4Life Oakley Collector

Just depends really, the LX frogs feel a little bit more sturdy since they have metal hinges and they make some really cool color ways in the LX line. But you can't beat a frog for $40 bucks.

3. SMman

SMman Oakley Collector

I just ordered my son the Aspen Green Frogskins on 6pm for $42.99. He ended up listening to me about getting them instead of the LX models after seeing the huge price difference. I told him that he can always keep an eye out for deals on the LX model later because its ok to have more than one pair, or at least I hope it is :blush:

4. Brett28

Brett28 Here's my money, thanks

Awesome, I buy my dad Oakleys I wish it was the other way around!

cdelly and ericforman like this.
  5. SMman

SMman Oakley Collector

Hopefully some day my son will take care of the old man. He's been wearing my old Ray Ban aviators that I bought in 1993 so figured it was time to buy another pair for him to use.

Brett28 likes this.
  6. Brett28

Brett28 Here's my money, thanks

Im sure he will, i couldnt stomach watching my father use walmart polarized glasses for fishing after i discovered oakley. He has two pairs now along with a hard case and cleaning kit.

SMman likes this.
  7. SMman

SMman Oakley Collector

My father has been rocking the polished chrome Crosshair 2.0s for a while and loves them. They're his first Oakleys after years of wearing Maui Jims.

Brett28 likes this.
  8. ericforman

ericforman Oakley Expert

I liked the Aspen Green Frogs that I had. Maybe he would like a pair of Jupiter Camo? That was one of my first Frogs and I have been hooked ever since

9. SMman

SMman Oakley Collector

I will have to look up the Jupiter Camos. Thanks for the recommendation. These Frogskins are new to me, at least new within the last 20 years. I'm old enough to remember when they originally came out.

10. ericforman

ericforman Oakley Expert

They tend to be pricey but I picked up my pair from another forum member for $70 about a year ago.