• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are the R1's with no serial legit? ($5K)

Hey guys get this, I emailed him yesterday and told him that the whole top dog story was bogus and that these where warranty frames... his responce to me today was this

"Hello
These Oakley Romeos were handed to me off Jordan's face~
Thanks!!

- cperce6685"
o_O lol really.. he thinks somone will believe that?

I should have saved a screen shot of the auction, that was one of the best product descriptions I have ever read... he said "you may never see another pair like this again"... thats true if he was refering to the price he was asking

Last edited:
Hey guys get this, I emailed him yesterday and told him that the whole top dog story was bogus and that these where warranty frames... his responce to me today was this

"Hello
Thanks!!

- cperce6685"

I should have saved a screen shot of the auction, that was one of the best product descriptions I have ever read... he said "you may never see another pair like this again"... thats true if he was refering to the price he was asking
Off Jordan's face???? Wow I'm gonna buy Them!!!!! ;)

"Hello
Thanks!!

- cperce6685"

:headbang::lolsign:

Funny part is these glasses were at $3k earlier this week and ended with no bids... Now he tacks on another $2k... I hate stupid people I really do...

This fellow joined the forum in January and PM'd me to ask about these glasses.
IIRC he said that his friend was a valet in Chicago who parked MJ's car and MJ gave him these R1's.
He asked what they were worth and I advised him that without a serial and without provenance they were just another pair of R1's - worth even less since they had no serial.
So about $500.
I told him that if they really came off MJ's head and was given to his friend that these without provenance would be worth more to them in the long run than to anyone else. Only because they are the only two that believe that they were MJ's.
Maybe they were or maybe they weren't but they would be the only two that would believe that these were MJ's and not just another pair of R1's.

Well, at least his price is getting closer to reality. He has it listed again, but with a $900 starting bid. He's going to have to do better than that if he really wants to sell these. Cool story, but no proof to back it up.

Yeah, it may also help if he actually puts the story into the ebay ad instead of just putting that they are Oakley Romeo's and nothing else. What a terrible ad.

Back