• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are the R1's with no serial legit? ($5K)

Very interesting story. Is he active here on the forums or only to try and get pricing advice?
Pricing advice only since I do not see any posts from him on the forum.

Last edited:
he told me he had an offer for $500 and asked if he should take it. I said yes, no box no papers, no serial, no rubbers, and no good shots of the lenses to prove they are origional I would take $500 if I was trying to get rid of them as bad as he is.

Lenses are x metal etched and looking good. Actually a nice guy. Just lol on the stories he had to come up with. Warranty frame is fine as long a they are mint...heck still cheaper than most romeos i see that are in worse condition...

Lenses are x metal etched and looking good. Actually a nice guy. Just lol on the stories he had to come up with. Warranty frame is fine as long a they are mint...heck still cheaper than most romeos i see that are in worse condition...
To me serial adds value like coin and box

As a note, Romeo with no serials weren't just for warrantee. They were also used for any situation where it wasn't worth the extra cost of etching it on there, usually for internal purposes. For instance, there was a pair of Fire Romeos on display at a Japanese showroom that had no serial. Some non-serialized pairs were also passed around internally.

Whether it's worth or less without a serial is up to the individual buyer, but both have their merits and stories.

Rick on the O-Review got his non-serialized pair from the showroom and I know a few Oakley employees who have told me the info (and was told to me way before anyone knew non-serialized pairs were given as warranty replacements).

Latest Posts

Back