1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. da_nige

da_nige Oakley Enthusiast

I know the Fathom collection isn't very popular and I know most folk won't care but I wondered if there were 2 versions?

Looking on o-review 009181-14 is the Fathom Radarlock Path Straight Stem Ice and VR28.

The pair I bought today are also OO9181-14 but have a clear lens instead of VR28 and are definitely not straight stem. They were bought from Oakley so I wondered if 2 versions of the same pair were released.

I've noticed something similar with the 30th anniversary Radars. My pair of Black/Jade are the regular ones but the pair shown on Oakley.com are straight stem. Same SKU.

Anyone know what the story is?

Thanks

Neil

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

Mine came with ice and clear as well.

3. Chay

Chay Oakley Beginner

I have ice and clear also. But I bought mine at an Oakley Vault.

I am not sure if mine are straight stem. But when I wear them for a run they fit straight under my cap or visor.

4. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

Every Fathom I've seen has a hammer stem.

5. The Game

The Game Oakley Enthusiast

It is possible that o-review was misinformed about what lenses were going to be in the set

6. Chay

Chay Oakley Beginner

Is there a way to know the difference between straight stem and non straight stem ?

7. da_nige

I wondered that too but someone on youtube mentioned the VR28s too however didn't show them in the video.

Yeah its quite obvious when you sit them side by side or try to fit them under a cap. The Glacier ones are Straight Stem the Fathoms are Hammers.

Are There 2 Versions Of The Fathom Radarlock? - 20140915_085306_zps45085965.jpg

Thanks for the replies so far guys.

8. Chay

Chay Oakley Beginner

Thank you also for the informative pic.

9. da_nige

No problem. Fit wise I find they're both comfortable but for wearing with a cap the straight stems definitely win.